What's new

SOAP Season 2 when?? (1 Viewer)

Rob FM

Second Unit
Real Name
R
Just finished an enjoyable week or so going over all the SOAP episodes. It was a great deal at BB ($24.99) for all 25 episodes.

I can only hope that they've got a Season 2 planned for DVD release? The courtroom scene is a real cliff hanger!

Anyone else had a chance to watch this?

~Rob

Shane_Anthony

Stunt Coordinator
Anybody from CTHE reading this please pretty please with a cherry on top release the second season.!!

Season one came out back in September and considering there are NO! xtras(which is fine with) they should be coming out sooner!!!

Look at the Friends and Buffy sets!!!

Comment removed by owner - do not repost

Cheers!

MatthewA

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matthew
It's Columbia we're talking about. Their release patterns are so inconsistent I can't even think of a simile for them.

RobertCharlotte

Supporting Actor
I can, but it refers to a certain bodily function of anorexic females, so it's probably not wholly appropriate.

LarryDavenport

Senior HTF Member
Columbia is showing about as much respect to the series as ABC did. How about a commentary track with Katherine Helmond and Rbert Guillame while they are still alive?

Shane_Anthony

Stunt Coordinator
Katherine Helmond just did and episode of "Everybody Loves Raymond" last week. She looks so much older

I wonder what ever happend to Billy Campbell/Scott Baio
(Chachi's real life brother). I remember that pitcher he played in The Bad News Bears too

LarryDavenport

Senior HTF Member
Jimmy Baio played the pitcher Carmen in "The Bad News Bears in Breaking Training." He's Scott Baio's cousin. His last film appearance was in 1996.

FrankXS

Second Unit
Great news about season 2 of SOAP. This show was always a weekly "must-see"..... long before all the cable shows or never know where to find a show or six episodes of Law and Order a week TV.

Rob FM

Second Unit
Real Name
R
Where can I read about scenes being cut form the first season???
Is it "Politically Correct" stuff they're taking out -or ...?

Thanks for the info!

~Rob

MishaLauenstein

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Misha Lauenstein
I think some editing was done due to music rights, and the rest is related to the wrong masters being used. Unknown if it is a mistake or if somehow the other masters have gone missing.

I can't find the thread where it was discussed, by I did find an amazon.com review which listed the following, which are the four edits that I have previously heard of. Don't know the specifics about the episode 16 & 17 scenes.

Episode 2 - Edits out Jody singing "There's Nothing Like a Dame" and the tune the Godfather hums after Danny leaves the sauna.

Episodes 16 and 17 are the syndicated versions, each missing 2 and 1/2 minutes from the complete episodes.

Episode 19 deletes the "On the last episode on Soap" intro.

Reggie K.

Agent
I've found a review:

sitcomsonline.com/soapseason2dvdreview.html

Nice to see C/TS is attempting to include extras, even though there is no reason for the pilot to be included again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks