What's new

My Home Theatre - 12 Pictures (1 Viewer)

Nick.H

Stunt Coordinator
The equipment is as follows,

* Panasonic AE-500 Projector
* Custom Made 145" 16:9 Matt White Screen
* Harman Kardon AVR5550 A/V Receiver
* Harman Kardon DVD30 Player
* AARON Loudspeakers - CC240 Centre Speaker
* AARON Loudspeakers - CC240 Rear Centre Speaker
* AARON Loudspeakers - ATS4 Front Speakers
* AARON Loudspeakers - ATS3 Rear Speakers
* AARON Loudspeakers - Sub240 Subwoofer
* 12 Gauge Wiring Throughout

***UPDATE EDIT****

Version 1.0

The First!

Version 2.0

-6.1 Upgrade
-Panasonic AE-500 Projector

6.1 Upgrade
Panasonic AE-500 Projector
Room Layout

Version 2.1

-145" Screen with Border

Building of screen
Screen Completed
Final View

Dave Poehlman

Senior HTF Member
I like it. That shelving gives it a minimalist/utilitarian look... and everything fits so well in there. Very efficient use of space.

Dustin Harrison

Stunt Coordinator
Nice pictures. Nice set-up, very clean looking.

You have a great room for a front projector (possible future upgrade). :)

Looks like you have room to put more distance between the front speakers to get more stereo imaging. What you have still looks like it would work just fine. I think the recommended angle is 22-30 degrees from the listening area.

Thanks for sharing. ;)

Nick.H

Stunt Coordinator
Thanks for the compliments and advice. I will try the front speakers in at a different angle. Cheers for that:)

Nick.H

Stunt Coordinator
Dustin: I've been looking at getting a front projector. I would then do a 180 on the room and have the screen mounted on the wall.

I would want to get a quality projector so need to save for awhile:)

Nick.H

Stunt Coordinator
Before I had the rug I found it did, however since placing that in the centre of the room, Ive found the sound comes out quite nice and full aswell as sounding very warm. Gives a great feel to it.

RobLJ

Stunt Coordinator
I like your room, minus your racks....too industrial looking. That's just me though.

Nick.H

Stunt Coordinator
Thats cool, I found the racks to give a nice effect in the room and they match the wood floor aswell.

Also made it nice and easy for the components. I will either be upgrading to a widescreen tv or projector soon, so will move it around some what.

Nick.H

Stunt Coordinator
Thanks dude.

Yes they are great speakers. Im going to take some photo's tonight with the grills off. The Subwoofer is a dual 10". Very punchy and responsive:)

Nick.H

Stunt Coordinator
LaMarcus: I think your HT looks very cool! I like how you have the seating, I was thinking of doing something similar when I get a FP. I would have the rear seating raised about 1/2 to 1 foot off the ground.

BrianKR

Second Unit
You have a very nice clean looking room Nick!
BIG WAF!
What are your Aaron speakers like? (detailed/revealing/warm)
I have never heard of them before.

Nick.H

Stunt Coordinator
Well when I started looking at speakers I was after a very warm relaxing and detailed sound. I didn't want to have it when you turn it up to be "cutting" to the ears.

So when looking through them all, I narrowed it down to the B&W 600 Series and the Aaron Loudspeakers. I was lucky to find a shop that stocked them both, I had them setup in the same room and played them one after each other during the same scenes.

I Found while watching dvds such as, Behind Enermy Lines and U571 that the Aarons where giving a much more warmer sound. After that I went to build quality and warranty. With the Aarons that have an excellent build quailty and are 10 years warrenty. The B&W's I thought did have a nice sound to them, but they did not match up to the sound I was looking for.

In facted I liked them so much, I went out last night and purchased a rear centre channel to upgrade to 6.1 sound.

Davey_T

Stunt Coordinator
Nice setup! I'll just throw my $0.02 in. It looks like you have your surrounds behind your seating position. Dolby suggests that they are towards the rear of, but NOT BEHIND your seating position.

See their guide for speaker placement at:

http://www.dolby.com/ht/Guide.HomeTh...0110.html#s3.2

You've inspired me to go get to work on finishing my HT!

Dave

Nick.H

Stunt Coordinator
Thanks, Yup I went out and tested a Panasonic AE500 Projector. Very happy with it, so I will be picking one up within 2 weeks I think. So Im going to swing my room around and have a screen mounted on the wall.

I will post the new pics:)

Nick.H

Stunt Coordinator
Also with in regards to speaker placement, if you have a look at option A on the dolby site, this is my setup.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks