What's new

Beastmaster Season Boxsets (1 Viewer)

Pete Battista

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Pete
Hi All...
I was wondering if anyone here would suggest the Beastmaster TV Series. I remember years aog watching and enjoying the movies, but never seen the series. It is definitely priced to try. DDD has all three seasons for only $23.99 each and I was considering getting season 1 as one of my purchases on Wednesday.

Anyone with the sets...
How is the set itself? Many extras? Good Quality? Any information would be appriciated. :)

Steve Phillips

Screenwriter
The show is OK, nothing great. Typical syndicated adventure stuff.

The sets are all in anamorphic widescreen, and have a small number of extras. The ratio seems fine, it doesn't appear to suffer from cropping. Likely it was shot 16X9 safe with an eye towards foreign markets that begain switching to widescreen TV before the US did.

I picked up the first season (blind buy) but haven't finished it yet.

Eric F

Screenwriter
It's campy stuff. Uneven, just OK. You might want to try to catch an episode in syndication before you purchase it.

The anamorphic transfer is about as good as it gets. ADV does a great job with their transfers.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks