What's new

M&K S-5000 THX Ultra system (1 Viewer)

Anish

Stunt Coordinator
I have been browsing these forums for a while and have found a lot of useful information here... a lot of advanced HT ideas too! A while back I was considering the M&K S-5000 THX Ultra system... (S-5000THX, SS-500THX, MX-5000)... but when I looked at their site today, I noticed that this system is discontinued and nothing has taken its place to replace it.

My question is, am I missing something or does M&K not plan to replace that system, which from what I recall reading, had quite a lot of power.

Any input would be appreciated.

Arthur S

Senior HTF Member
Anish

The M&K 5000 was one of the best THX systems around, however, the sub did not perform well compared to other top line subs. Now with great subs like SVS and HSU, the M&K sub does cannot keep up with subs half the price of the M&K's $2,900.

Also, doe you have a separate system for music? While some find all-THX speakers fine for music, others find it somewhat lacking.

Never the less, the 5000 series were a premier THX set. As far as plans to replace the 5000, give M&K a call.

Artie

Al_Swanson

Agent
Uh, someone is on drugs and either needs to stop or needs to share! :)

The MX5000MkII is perhaps one of the finest subs to grace our planet. M&K has been making some rather large changes to their product line and that may be the reason they are updating their systems.

To say the sub underperformed other comparably priced subs means only one thing: you've never heard that sub. I not only have one - but have owned the much vaunted SVS and sold it for this. There's no comparison, simple as that.

The 5000 system was one of the premier systems on the market. I am certain M&K is replacing it with something even more incredible.

Simon Brown

Stunt Coordinator
Well I currently own the S5000 THX system and I absolutely love them. As for the sub I changed that to a SVS B4+ and have never looked back. Not to say that the M&K wasn't good but it had it's limits and the SVS is just another level. I wont be changing my speakers for some time their brillant for both music and movies IMO.:) It's a pity that you can't buy them anymore and theres no reviews of them either that I could find on the net. So I just bought them without hearing them same as I did with the B4+ and I'm happy.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks