-

Photo

New '04 Trailblazer - Need Help

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
2 replies to this topic

#1 of 3 MarcoP

MarcoP

Stunt Coordinator

• 128 posts
  • LocationOrlando, FL

Posted February 28 2004 - 11:01 AM

Me & my ole lady just got a new '04 Chevy Trailblazer which I need to install a sweet car audio system.

I have researched this forum and have this idea for a setup-

HU - Stock, my ole lady doesn't want to change it
Front Door (6.5") - CDT CL-6X ($45)
Rear Door (6.5") - CDT CL-6X
Subwoofer - 1 10" Alpine Type-R ($90 at Circuit City)
Box: Q Logic Small Truck Box ($50 at CC- again, ole lady doesn't want a big sub/box taking up the cargo room)
6.5" Amp: old Kenwood 4x60 Watt Amp (2 yrs old, not excelon)
Sub Amp: MTX Thunder 282 ($90 from CC)
Extras: 4 Guage Amp Kit off ebay, Dynamat (2 speaker kits and 1 license plate kit)

This is what I believe I should put together. Does anyone have any better ideas keeping in the price range for each component?

The only component I would consider spending more on would be the 6.5" speakers since I have Alpine Type X (SPX-177A) 6.5" components (front) & Alpine SPS-629s (rear) in my car (Mits Galant) and could switch them into this car and get the CDT CL-61A's for my car Posted Image with a pair of CDT CL-6X in the rear of the Galant. Which do you think are better the CDT CL-61As or Alpine Type-Xs? How good do the cheaper CL-6's sound? Better than Alpine Type-Rs, Polk dB, etc.?

Also, in the future I'd like to upgrade to a head unit that I could watch DVDs on in the front seat- what product should I keep my eye on? Is a LCD head unit with DVD capabilities going to be my best bet?

Thanks!

#2 of 3 Mark gas

Mark gas

Second Unit

• 322 posts

Posted February 28 2004 - 01:55 PM

Whats the buget and are you going to keep the stock HU?

#3 of 3 MarcoP

MarcoP

Stunt Coordinator

• 128 posts
  • LocationOrlando, FL

Posted February 28 2004 - 06:06 PM

There is no limit, but I do not want to spend double what I spent on each component. I listed the price next to each component in parenthesis. I am keeping the stock head unit b/c the ole lady loves the way it looks.