-

Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and you won't get the popup ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo

Dick Van Dyke rebate question

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
10 replies to this topic

#1 of 11 EricSchulz

EricSchulz

Producer

• 4,459 posts

Posted February 28 2004 - 04:43 AM

I am not sure if this should be under the "DVD rebate outrage" thread or not...please move it if neccessary.

I am interested in buying the dvds from Best Buy. When does the rebate end? I checked Image's site with no luck. I am a member of the Reward Zone at Best Buy and have a $10 coupon to redeem. Will that void the rebate also? Thanks in advance for any help on this!

Eric

#2 of 11 Dane Marvin

Dane Marvin

Screenwriter

• 1,490 posts

Posted February 28 2004 - 05:44 AM

I believe the offer expired January 31st, meaning you would have not only had to purchase both DVD sets by then, but you would have had to obtain a postmark on the envelope by that date.

Qualifying for the rebate and then actually getting it is a whole different matter. I sent mine in a good week before Christmas and am still waiting patiently. Would have been nice to have had it come in the mail this week in time to apply it to my purchase of Dick Van Dyke season 3. As is, I will probably be waiting quite a while to buy it now. Image's loss, I guess.

I don't remember if it said to allow 6-8 or 8-10 weeks to receive the rebate, but I think it was the former. I've been waiting 10 weeks.

#3 of 11 Michael Reuben

Michael Reuben

Studio Mogul

• 21,769 posts

Posted February 28 2004 - 08:14 AM

Quote:
I believe the offer expired January 31st

That's correct. The rebate form listed the wait time as 6-8 weeks. Mine took 13.

M.
COMPLETE list of my disc reviews.       HTF Rules / 200920102011 Film Lists

#4 of 11 Mark Zimmer

Mark Zimmer

Producer

• 4,263 posts

Posted March 04 2004 - 08:51 AM

Presumably, any purchase from Best Buy would void the rebate (jerks) but it's a moot point with the promotion over anyway.

I would have bought Season 3 but this left a very bad taste in my mouth and I have plenty of other things to watch. Posted Image

#5 of 11 Steve...O

Steve...O

Producer

• 3,227 posts

Posted March 04 2004 - 04:23 PM

As I stated elsewhere, the sticker on the front of S1 and S2 makes no mention of an expiration date. This is very bad because it deceives fine consumers like Mr. Schulz into thinking they could still receive the rebate.

Having said that though, these are excellent DVDs and well worth every penny. I personally would have thought Image would have kept the door open to rebates as to keep sales flowing. Let's face it, a big reason for the success these sets had initially were those rebates.

Steve
Please help UCLA restore the Laurel & Hardy films: https://www.cinema.u...aurel-and-hardy

#6 of 11 EdAngell

EdAngell

Stunt Coordinator

• 84 posts

Posted March 05 2004 - 01:27 AM

I haven't even gotten my rebate yet, and I purchased them through Overstock.com.

Anybody have an e-mail address or phone number that I can check into?

I love this show and would have bought the DVD's regardless, but the rebate is a nice extra.

#7 of 11 Steve...O

Steve...O

Producer

• 3,227 posts

Posted March 05 2004 - 11:26 AM

Quote:
Anybody have an e-mail address or phone number that I can check into?

Hi Ed,

You might start at Image's website. In my personal experience, Image is good about returning e-mails sent through their site.

Also, if you kept a copy of the rebate form, there is an 800 number on it to call for the status of your rebate. I would look it up for you, but I threw away my copies of the form after finding out I wasn't getting a rebate.

Good luck!

Steve
Please help UCLA restore the Laurel & Hardy films: https://www.cinema.u...aurel-and-hardy

#8 of 11 Dane Marvin

Dane Marvin

Screenwriter

• 1,490 posts

Posted March 07 2004 - 05:59 AM

*looks at calendar*

Still waiting...

#9 of 11 Greg_P

Greg_P

Stunt Coordinator

• 178 posts

Posted April 25 2004 - 06:46 AM

For those still waiting on this rebate I finally got mine yesterday. I mailed mine on 12/26/03. So it took Image roughly 14 weeks for a "6-8 week rebate". Considering Image screwed so many people out of this rebate who rightfully deserve it, I'm just happy to receive it. For those still waiting, hang in there, it looks like Image is still issuing them.

#10 of 11 Dane Marvin

Dane Marvin

Screenwriter

• 1,490 posts

Posted April 25 2004 - 08:51 AM

Thanks, Greg, for the report. I believe I mailed mine about a week or so before you did and I have received nothing. I've given up on it. Complete bullshit. Thanks for nothing, Image.

Edit: HAHAHAHHAHAHAH!! Not two minutes after I posted this, I realized I hadn't checked the mail from yesterday. Guess what I found in there? Man, it pays to get mad. Posted Image

#11 of 11 Robert Crawford

Robert Crawford

Studio Mogul

• 24,322 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted April 25 2004 - 11:03 AM

I received my rebate check the other day too.

Crawdaddy

Crawdaddy

Blu-ray Preorder Schedule

Forum Nav Content I Follow