What's new

Buffy The Vampire Slayer - Season 7 - UK spec's and menu screens (1 Viewer)

JulianK

Supporting Actor
Fox's UK division has announced the details of the Buffy The Vampire Slayer - Season 7 DVD box set. I expect that the bonus features will be very similar to - if not identical to - the Region 1 version when it eventually turns up.

Of course, the UK version will have 1.78:1 anamorphic widescreen transfers, and the Region 1 version will be 4:3. Let's not even go there, people! :)

The set will contain commentary episodes on seven episodes, as well as several featurettes, outtakes and trailers.

For more details, and a selection of menu screens, visit Zeta Minor

Ryan_Guah

Stunt Coordinator
Thanks for posting this! I hope we get some larger menu screens soon, so I can read all of the text. But I must say, I wish they would have used more up-to-date photos instead of recycled ones from seasons-past. I know there were no promo shots that year, but they could at least have even used promo pictures from the episodes themselves. Oh well.

Nice to see some cast interaction on the DVD! We get James Marsters, Nicholas Brendon, Tom Lenk, Danny Strong, and D.B. Woodside! :D

JulianK

Supporting Actor
There's not much to read on those screens, Ryan, just the usual "chapter selection" and "Play"-type options. The only other things listed are the option to hear the commentary, and the Willow Demon Guide (DVD-Rom).

All the bonus featurettes are on the four discs I don't currently have, sadly!

Sorry the images are small - bandwidth costs are already very high for what's essentially a personal site (with no ad's!)

Dave F

Senior HTF Member
Good episode choice for commentaries, IMO. With the conclusion of the series, it would be nice to have a more substantial feature/featurette though.

-Dave

Jer Hugh

Auditioning
yeah hopefully Sarah does SOME type of interview for the season overview. I was hoping to see more featurettes like the CGI effects for "Chosen" or maybe including the first trailer that was showed on the WB in 1997 promoting the series premiere;(I think they show a part of it on the A&E Buffy special) because that tv spot was the best commercial I've ever seen to promote any series :). That would definatly be a great treat.

Jer Hugh

Auditioning
I doubt any promo's will ever be planned on the R1 versions because R1 haven't had any original WB promos since season 2, which had a couple of great trailers that were originally shown in 1997 and 1998. Most of the trailers on the R2 versions(I've heard) are just for dvd/video releases of the boxsets, and who wants that? :confused: What we need are classic nostalgic promos like the first one ever, one for "Prophecy Girl", "The Body", "Checkpoint", "Hush" and maybe even one from UPN "Once More With Feeling" trailer (not made-up one's like the one on the S1 dvds). I'll just keep my fingers crossed, till they break :frowning:
3/5
Well according to blackstar they say the s7 dvds will have 12 trailers and hopfully they'll be some of the ones I've mentioned.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vasyear
Recent bookmarks