Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Looking for good sites to research RPTV

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
4 replies to this topic

#1 of 5 OFFLINE   Barry BB

Barry BB

Stunt Coordinator

• 169 posts

Posted February 27 2004 - 10:25 AM

I'm in the beginning stages of learning about RPTV's for a planned future purchase. A forum search using RPTV and widescreen as search criteria brought back over 130 threads which is a lot of threads to go through to piece together some info. I'm looking for good web sites where the information is a bit more in one place to read through that will explain features and what to look for in a set.

#2 of 5 OFFLINE   ChrisYK

ChrisYK

Stunt Coordinator

• 148 posts

Posted February 27 2004 - 11:02 AM

I would suggest that you set some criteria before searching the forums here...

Start with some magazines, especially the Buyer's Guides that came out about a month ago from the various publications. After perusing for a bit, narrow it down a bit by deciding which technology you want to go with (CRT vs. DLP vs. LCD). Your budget will play a large factor in your choice of technology and each has its advantages and disadvantages. After deciding the general direction you want to go in terms of technology, I would then further narrow it down by size of display. At this point, you should have a better idea of what to search for in these forums.

Hope that helps and for what it's worth, I was in your shoes about a month ago and ended up with a Sony KP-57WS510. Posted Image

Edit: To answer your question, I couldn't find any sites more helpful than the Home Theater Forum in my search for a RPTV.
Chris K.

Michigan... Respect the Maize and Blue.

#3 of 5 OFFLINE   ChrisWiggles

ChrisWiggles

Producer

• 4,791 posts

Posted February 27 2004 - 11:10 AM

Here, Keohi, the RPTV forum at AVS, and hometheaterspot.

#4 of 5 OFFLINE   Dustin Harrison

Dustin Harrison

Stunt Coordinator

• 96 posts

Posted February 27 2004 - 12:59 PM

Epinions.com can be helpful Posted Image

#5 of 5 OFFLINE   Bill Will

Bill Will

Screenwriter

• 1,288 posts

Posted February 28 2004 - 05:54 AM

Here's two more www.ecoustics.com www.audioreview.com