What's new

Tremors any chance of another release? (1 Viewer)

Dean Cooper

Supporting Actor
I just can't bring myself to purchase the current release of Tremors SE for the price that it sells at. The quality is just not there to justify the cost. Is there any chance of a new release with a new HD anamorphic transfer or should I just wait for the current one to hit the bargain bin and except that it will never get the treatment that it deserves.

Dean

Keith I

FoS
Real Name
Keith
According to today's The Digital Bits (www.thedigitalbits.com), a Tremors Attack Pack will be out on 11/29 with all four movies in what TDB believe to be anamorphic widescreen.

It doesn't say if it will be a full-blown special edition but an upgrade to anamorphic widescreen would be sweet, with the entire pack costing $27 retail!

However, is this another case of having to buy the whole set to get one movie? For the price, I can live with all the movies.
-

Harold Wazzu

Supporting Actor
DVDAnswers says it's going to be a 2-disc set (double-sided discs probably), so a new transfer is possible but I refuse to buy the set just for the first one.

Mark Lucas

Second Unit
There's only the first Tremors for me. I've held off on buying this title but if a new SE is coming I'll keep a look out for it.

WilliamG

Supporting Actor
Well, I found it at Wal*Mart for ~$8 a few weeks ago and bought it - could NOT pass it up for that price. The family loves the movie and somehow stops on it every time it's shown on cable/satellite (like upteen times this past weekend!), so it was a no-brainer for me.:)

However, I WILL double dip if there's a new SE.

Michael Elliott

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Elliott
Great to hear about the pack even though I haven't seen the sequels. I've held off buying the current edition so an anamorphic transfer will be worth the $20 plus you get three bonus films as extras.

Dean Cooper

Supporting Actor
I'll be keeping a close eye on this one, if its a new transfer I'll be all over it. Still holding out on this one hoping that this would happen.

thanks for the update

Scott Temple

Supporting Actor

It looks like a few of the Tremors 4 extras have been dropped. (deleted scenes, outtakes, the Dirt Dragons featurette, and the Tremors 4 miniatures) Why would they do that?

Scott Temple

Supporting Actor
I received the Tremors Attack Pack Franchise Collection in the mail this morning. As reported, it's a 2-Disc Set. The discs are double sided, placing one movie per side. Tremors and Tremors 2: Aftershocks are now 16x9 enhanced, matching Tremors 3: Back To Perfection and Tremors 4: The Legend Begins. All of the extras from the individual discs of Tremors 1, 2, and 3 are included except for some production notes and cast and crew biographies from parts 2 and 3. Tremors 4, unfortunately, loses a good chunk of its extras including deleted scenes, outtakes, a Dirt Dragons featurette, and a miniatures featurette. The packaging is almost exactly the same as the Smokey and the Bandit Pursuit Pack Franchise Collection except that Smokey is 1 disc while Tremors is 2. Getting the discs released from the hub is a bitch too. Universal really needs to fix this problem. Overall, a really nice package except for the missing Tremors 4 extras. That's just stupid. Why were they left off? Oh yeah, there's a free movie ticket for King Kong included which opens December 14th IIRC.

Bradley-E

Screenwriter
I got it over the weekend. TREMORS (original) Thankfully is Anamorphic and looks and sounds much better that the older Collector's Edition. This set is worth having just for that.

Mitch Stevens

Supporting Actor
Does Tremors 2 (anamorphic) also exhibit the same level improvement over the non-anamorphic version as part 1 does?

Bernhard

Stunt Coordinator
Is there a way to only get the original Tremors? I have no interest in the others at all and am quite unhappy with the old non-anamorphic release.

GuruAskew

Senior HTF Member

No but these Universal Franchise collections always seem to be insanely cheap. Amazon has it for $20 and change, not a bad price for a single movie. Just consider the other three as a bonus.

Aaron Thorne

Stunt Coordinator

And your getting a free pass to a movie you were going to pay $7 plus to see anyway. This is an excellent deal and I will definately pick it up tomorrow. I too, only care for the first movie.

Paul Sandhu

Supporting Actor
I'm not paticualary a fan of the movies... I have only seen parts I & IV. However, the original is a guilty pleasure of mine whenever its on TBS.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks