Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo

Tremors any chance of another release?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
24 replies to this topic

#1 of 25 OFFLINE   Dean Cooper

Dean Cooper

Supporting Actor

• 975 posts

Posted February 27 2004 - 09:55 AM

I just can't bring myself to purchase the current release of Tremors SE for the price that it sells at. The quality is just not there to justify the cost. Is there any chance of a new release with a new HD anamorphic transfer or should I just wait for the current one to hit the bargain bin and except that it will never get the treatment that it deserves.

Dean

#2 of 25 OFFLINE   Matt Harrison

Matt Harrison

Stunt Coordinator

• 222 posts

Posted February 28 2004 - 05:03 AM

unfortunately, I think its the latter.

#3 of 25 OFFLINE   Keith I

Keith I

Screenwriter

• 1,000 posts
  • LocationFive-Oh!

Posted August 05 2005 - 04:18 PM

According to today's The Digital Bits (www.thedigitalbits.com), a Tremors Attack Pack will be out on 11/29 with all four movies in what TDB believe to be anamorphic widescreen.

It doesn't say if it will be a full-blown special edition but an upgrade to anamorphic widescreen would be sweet, with the entire pack costing $27 retail!

However, is this another case of having to buy the whole set to get one movie? For the price, I can live with all the movies.
-

#4 of 25 OFFLINE   Harold Wazzu

Harold Wazzu

Supporting Actor

• 885 posts

Posted August 06 2005 - 02:39 AM

DVDAnswers says it's going to be a 2-disc set (double-sided discs probably), so a new transfer is possible but I refuse to buy the set just for the first one.

#5 of 25 OFFLINE   Mark Lucas

Mark Lucas

Second Unit

• 497 posts

Posted August 06 2005 - 03:12 AM

There's only the first Tremors for me. I've held off on buying this title but if a new SE is coming I'll keep a look out for it.

#6 of 25 OFFLINE   WilliamG

WilliamG

Supporting Actor

• 512 posts

Posted August 08 2005 - 09:30 AM

Well, I found it at Wal*Mart for ~$8 a few weeks ago and bought it - could NOT pass it up for that price. The family loves the movie and somehow stops on it every time it's shown on cable/satellite (like upteen times this past weekend!), so it was a no-brainer for me.Posted Image

However, I WILL double dip if there's a new SE.

#7 of 25 OFFLINE   Michael Elliott

Michael Elliott

Lead Actor

• 7,160 posts
  • LocationKY

Posted August 08 2005 - 10:59 AM

Great to hear about the pack even though I haven't seen the sequels. I've held off buying the current edition so an anamorphic transfer will be worth the $20 plus you get three bonus films as extras.

#8 of 25 OFFLINE   Dean Cooper

Dean Cooper

Supporting Actor

• 975 posts

Posted August 09 2005 - 04:37 AM

I'll be keeping a close eye on this one, if its a new transfer I'll be all over it. Still holding out on this one hoping that this would happen.

thanks for the update

#9 of 25 OFFLINE   Scott Temple

Scott Temple

Supporting Actor

• 535 posts

Posted November 17 2005 - 09:59 AM

http://homevideo.uni....?childId=35809

All four are 16x9. Posted Image

I wonder why all of the extras for part 4 aren't listed? Maybe they aren't finished updating the page yet? Anyway, I pre-ordered this today. It sure will be nice to finally have parts 1 and 2 in 16x9.
Lacey Chabert is so fetch!
My DVD, HD DVD, and Blu-ray Disc library

#10 of 25 OFFLINE   Robin_B

Robin_B

Stunt Coordinator

• 177 posts

Posted November 18 2005 - 07:25 AM

Cool. I hope they will be releasing these seperately as I only want the first one.
"Yeah but secreted from what?"

#11 of 25 OFFLINE   Dean Cooper

Dean Cooper

Supporting Actor

• 975 posts

Posted November 18 2005 - 07:35 AM

Yes! Fantastic news Posted Image

#12 of 25 OFFLINE   Scott Temple

Scott Temple

Supporting Actor

• 535 posts

Posted November 25 2005 - 07:31 AM

Posted Image

It looks like a few of the Tremors 4 extras have been dropped. (deleted scenes, outtakes, the Dirt Dragons featurette, and the Tremors 4 miniatures) Why would they do that?

#13 of 25 OFFLINE   Aaron Reynolds

Aaron Reynolds

Screenwriter

• 1,709 posts

Posted November 25 2005 - 04:27 PM

Quote:
though I haven't seen the sequels

I've only seen Tremors and Tremors 2, but I felt that 2 was a fun and worthy follow-up to the first one. Especially the scenes where the new guy had to clean the truck.

#14 of 25 OFFLINE   Scott Temple

Scott Temple

Supporting Actor

• 535 posts

Posted November 28 2005 - 03:15 AM

I received the Tremors Attack Pack Franchise Collection in the mail this morning. As reported, it's a 2-Disc Set. The discs are double sided, placing one movie per side. Tremors and Tremors 2: Aftershocks are now 16x9 enhanced, matching Tremors 3: Back To Perfection and Tremors 4: The Legend Begins. All of the extras from the individual discs of Tremors 1, 2, and 3 are included except for some production notes and cast and crew biographies from parts 2 and 3. Tremors 4, unfortunately, loses a good chunk of its extras including deleted scenes, outtakes, a Dirt Dragons featurette, and a miniatures featurette. The packaging is almost exactly the same as the Smokey and the Bandit Pursuit Pack Franchise Collection except that Smokey is 1 disc while Tremors is 2. Getting the discs released from the hub is a bitch too. Universal really needs to fix this problem. Overall, a really nice package except for the missing Tremors 4 extras. That's just stupid. Why were they left off? Oh yeah, there's a free movie ticket for King Kong included which opens December 14th IIRC.

#15 of 25 OFFLINE   Bradley-E

Bradley-E

Screenwriter

• 1,019 posts

Posted November 28 2005 - 03:43 AM

I got it over the weekend. TREMORS (original) Thankfully is Anamorphic and looks and sounds much better that the older Collector's Edition. This set is worth having just for that.

#16 of 25 OFFLINE   Mitch Stevens

Mitch Stevens

Supporting Actor

• 581 posts

Posted November 28 2005 - 06:45 AM

Does Tremors 2 (anamorphic) also exhibit the same level improvement over the non-anamorphic version as part 1 does?

#17 of 25 OFFLINE   Bernhard

Bernhard

Stunt Coordinator

• 193 posts

Posted November 28 2005 - 08:37 AM

Is there a way to only get the original Tremors? I have no interest in the others at all and am quite unhappy with the old non-anamorphic release.
My current DVD Collection

Mace Windu: "Do you know what they call a quarter pounder with cheese on Coruscant?"

#18 of 25 OFFLINE   Bill GrandPre

Bill GrandPre

Screenwriter

• 2,068 posts

Posted November 28 2005 - 10:08 AM

Quote:
Is there a way to only get the original Tremors? I have no interest in the others at all and am quite unhappy with the old non-anamorphic release.

No but these Universal Franchise collections always seem to be insanely cheap. Amazon has it for $20 and change, not a bad price for a single movie. Just consider the other three as a bonus.
Don't you ever, EVER compare me to "Family Guy," you hear me Kyle? Compare me to "Family Guy" again and so help me, I will kill you where you stand!

Do you have any idea what it's like? Everywhere I go: "Hey Cartman you must like 'Family Guy,' right?" "Hey, your sense of humor reminds me of...

#19 of 25 OFFLINE   Aaron Thorne

Aaron Thorne

Stunt Coordinator

• 199 posts

Posted November 28 2005 - 12:52 PM

Quote:
No but these Universal Franchise collections always seem to be insanely cheap. Amazon has it for $20 and change, not a bad price for a single movie. Just consider the other three as a bonus.

Quote:
Oh yeah, there's a free movie ticket for King Kong included which opens December 14th IIRC.

And your getting a free pass to a movie you were going to pay $7 plus to see anyway. This is an excellent deal and I will definately pick it up tomorrow. I too, only care for the first movie.

Farewell and adieu to you fair Spanish ladies.
Farewell and adieu to you ladies of Spain.
For we've received orders to sail back to Boston.
And so nevermore shall we be seeing you again.

#20 of 25 OFFLINE   Paul Sandhu

Paul Sandhu

Supporting Actor

• 528 posts

Posted November 28 2005 - 06:08 PM

I'm not paticualary a fan of the movies... I have only seen parts I & IV. However, the original is a guilty pleasure of mine whenever its on TBS.

Back to DVD

Forum Nav Content I Follow