What's new

Why Isn't MacGyver On DVD Yet? (1 Viewer)

Jim Beaver

Supporting Actor
I watched this when I was younger but had basically forgotten about it until Spike TV started showing it now MacGyver has become my favourite show or on my list of favourite shows. This is such a cool character I love MacGyver so how come it isn't out on DVD yet? I would love nothing more then to own MacGyver: The Complete First Season.

Aryn Leroux

Screenwriter
This is also one of my favorites. So spike is showing it now ? It has been on tvland for about a year now. With it's high rating on tvshowsondvd.com i am sure it is just a matter of time before it gets released.

Gord Lacey

Senior HTF Member
I'd love to see this released with some cool packaging. Maybe include an elastic band, a paper clip, a feather, a piece of paper and a stick of chewing gum and instructions on how to build various things.

Step 1 - Chew gum and remove
Step 2 - Bend paper clip
Step 3 - attach feather to paper clip with gum
Step 4 - You now have a motorized boat

Gord :D

Kai Zas

Second Unit
I'm still enjoying Richard Dean Anderson on Stargate. (Going through Season 5 as I type.) He's got a great sense of humor that gets mixed in with the characters he plays. Love him or hate him, that guy has been around TV land for quite some time. I wonder what he'll do when SG-1 passes the torch to SG Atlantis. (I'm hoping for a few guest spots.)

CaptDS9E

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joey
Yeah i want mac on dvd also. One of my fav shows growing up. RDA is a great actor for the parts he has played. He is great on Stargate and there are a lot of MacGuyver jokes on that show. He is gonna be on the premiere of Atlantis and he said that would be it for him. However anything is possible

capt

Aryn Leroux

Screenwriter
This is probably the wrong thread for stargate talk but in light of it being mentioned, during a RDA chat not too long ago he confirmed there will be a S8 of SG-1 and he would be doing it. Have thing's changed ?

From what i heard during that chat. RDA along with Shanks will be in the atlantis pilot and that's it for the spinoff, but they both will be back for S8 of SG-1. Both of these shows will air back to back friday nights on sci-fi starting late summer 2004.

ChrisBEA

Screenwriter
I'd love Macgyver, and Knight Rider, and A-Team......

ANyway I heard that after SG-1 ends they want to transition to features. I'd love to see that. I think RDA has been better in that role than Russell was in that flick.

I haven't seen any Mac episodes in years!

Rick Guynn

Second Unit
No

Actually, both statements are correct. He said that he would be doing a guest appearance on the Atlantis premiere, then season 8 of SG-1, and he was done. His on-set time has already been greatly reduced over the past year, as he has wanted to spend more time with his family.

As to McGuyver, I would like to see the series on DVD as well as the couple of TV movies they made later on...

RG

Derek Jagt

Auditioning
I like that show, in fact it was closed captioned.
I don't remember when it became c.c. in later season, like on Spike tv is not c.c.
on other hand on TNN "7 days" and "Highlander" is not c.c. in fact I saw them few years ago somewhere, all of seasons are c.c.
That happened to Macgyer being not c.c.?

Chris:L

Supporting Actor
If they do release the first season I would like to see a lenticular cover art of the opening sequence to the MacGyver gambit where the title pushes toward us on the screen and then there is an explosion behind it.

Chris:L

Supporting Actor
Gord, are you sure hat'll work? I can picture the final assembly... but I don't see how it is a motorized boat.

Aryn Leroux

Screenwriter
Actually most of the stuff he did in the first couple years they made sure it worked before they used it in the show. Then they got away from that and they didn't care if it worked or not. I also remember watching a special where they were testing MacGyverism's it would surprise you what stuff actually did work heh. C'mon Paramount let's get this out sometime this year!!

ZackR

Supporting Actor
I watched this religously as a kid. My all-time personal favorite TV show ever. I will buy this on release date NO MATTER WHAT. Come on Paramount, gouge me, charge me $200 a season... I DO NOT CARE. I want this on DVD YESTERDAY..

Oh, and about the $200 thing - please don't do that. :) ...though I would probably actually pay that for it. I love this show - except for the last season where MacGyver being a soapbox for social issues/agenda and quit being a great adventure show. Still, I will buy them all!!

Shea

Stunt Coordinator
Speaking of Stargate, when do the seasons usually start and end? I started watching it on DVD and am starting season 4. I'd like to catch up and start watching the new broadcasts on TV. Would season 7 DVD be out before season 8 would start? If not I'd just wait until the entire series is over because I don't want to skip season 7 and start watching 8 if you know what I mean. Also the new series, wouldn't want to start that until I've caught up..So I may be SOL unless the season 7 dvd came out before season 8 began.

Another question while I'm thinking about it, why do DVD sets for series such as Star Trek franchises and Farscape cost so much more than all the rest?

Aryn Leroux

Screenwriter
Shea: It's kinda wierd how sci-fi channel handles some of there series they show half the season starting in summer then they wait till the new year to show the next half. Stargate s7 is still airing it's almost over though it will end in march, so hopefully they can get a box set of S7 out in june or july before S8 starts up. S8 (the final year of sg-1) will start up sometime during the summer along with the new spinoff stargate: atlantis.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks