What's new

Any word on the Batman (Adam West) series hitting DVD? (1 Viewer)

Jerome Grate

Senior HTF Member
My kids has fallen in love with the Special Edition Movie. It would be great if the series was out on DVD. My 3 year old and 2 year old would love it.

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
This topic was the subject of a very long thread over at DVDTalk this week. The consensus from that thread was that Warner and Fox would likely get their heads together on a such a release by the time of Wanrer's 2005 Batman flick (another movie tie-in). One woman said her husband works in marketing at TimeWarner and that negotiations are going on now for it (take that with a grain of salt). Another person said he had interviewed the Senior VP of Marketing for Fox who said legal issues were holding it up. (There was another persistant poster who insisted the show would never see the light of day because Warner hates it.)

I personally see the business logic behind getting Season 1 out by next May or June in anticipation of the new movie, and following with Season 2 later that summer/fall, as it contains the famous Batman/Green Hornet episodes, and Kevin Smith's Green Hornet is due to hit around August 2005.

Sean.S

Stunt Coordinator
Now this is a show that I would buy on DVD! And, with the cliffhanger episodes, its perfect for the medium! Isn't everyone on the same Bat-Frequency here? :)

Jerome Grate

Senior HTF Member
WillG, thnaks for the info thread, bad news, but all we can do is hope. At least I have T.V. Land on Friday and Saturday nights.

Jerome Grate

Senior HTF Member
You bet. I was going to use the 7600 and put it on S-VHS with DNR, but since it's for my son and daughter, I'll just use the 3500 or the Samsung.

Geo Gabor

Stunt Coordinator
I don't typically buy TV shows on DVD (the only ones I have so far are the first seasons of Barney Miller and Gilligan's Island), but I'd buy Batman in a heartbeat.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks