What's new

My SVS has finally arrived... (1 Viewer)

JohnnyN

Stunt Coordinator
well, after 3 missed UPS delivery attempts, I finally tracked decided to camp out at UPS and not leave till I had my SVS in the back of my SUV... and now... after over a month of waiting... it's finally here... nice snug and comfy in it's new home... and OMG!!! I think my walls are going to give out before this thing does... but... if a picture is worth a thousand words... I've got a couple thousand words about my new SVS... it's the fourth album.

MikeLi

Supporting Actor
Bummer on the shipping as once you know its on the way its like you can taste it everyday until you get it in your own hands. You just cant beat an SVS even if you have to wait!
Your HT room looks very nice by the way.

Jesse Sharrow

Supporting Actor
Is that a PB1-ISD? It looks like their smaller one. But congrats. That must have been fun bringing it up those stairs!

Keith Hyde

Stunt Coordinator
And it sounds okay shoeboxed into that little space?

I like your HT, but the first thing I'd like to do is pull that bugger out and stick it on an open wall. The 2+ needs no corner.

Congrats. If you love your 2+ as much as I you won't be leaving the house for weeks.

Ron Stimpson

Stunt Coordinator
Johnny,

Thanks for your patience. After a slow debut the PB1-ISD (in ever popular black) is one of our biggest sellers and our suppliers have had to put in extra shifts to keep up.

And no wonder!

What other OEM has taught their subwoofers to open their own boxes, and then proceed to walk down the stairs all by themselves???

No one but SVS that's who!

;^)

Ron

JohnnyN

Stunt Coordinator
actually keith... it sounds great shoeboxed in there... the fit is aesthetically pleasing, but there's just enough room for the sub to breathe... I experimented with pulling the sub out a bit but it was rattling the walls way too much... keep in mind that at Reference levels, I have the gain at 1/2 way and it feels like my whole entire room is about to break apart... I found the bass to be much tighter when the PB1 was pushed all the way into it's little cubby hole... I did measure ahead of time for it's exact dimensions... I knew what I wanted and planned accordingly... I couldn't be happier...

Ron,

Like MikeLi said... good things come to those who wait... and I can't tell you how the sub has more than paid for itself in ooohs and ahhhs that i've received already...

MikeLi

Supporting Actor
Great set up.. What size is your room? and from your picture where is your seating area and how far from the sub?
Like I said once you go SVS you'll never want a different brand. I have had like 4 friends over so far and all of them go.... wow that comes from that thing... They all have like bose or sony set ups... Needless to say they are in process of buying SVS or saving up.

JohnnyN

Stunt Coordinator
the room is 13x14...

The equipment is:

Denon AVR 4802
Denon DVD 2900
2xParasound HCA1500A (205x2 @ 8ohms, 315x2 @ 4ohms)
Special HardDrive powered XBOX :)
Canton ERGO 90 Mains
B&W CDM CNT Center
B&W CDM SNT Surrounds
B&W VM1 Surround Back
Sony Grand Wega II 65" LCD
StraightWire Video Interconnects
Acoustic Research PRO Audio Interconnects
SoundKing 12 GA speaker wire

All this equipment is housed in a component cabinet from IKEA that I designed the outer enclosure and walls around. So it sits snug in there, I did this so that I wouldn't have to build shelves myself and it also comes with a nifty glass door. The sub sits under this rack and on a half step up to the platform. So needless to say, the platform gets a lot more bass than the first row of seats. Front row of seats is maybe 7 or 8 ft from the screen (screen is flush w/ front wall) and back row is all the way to the back wall (roughly 14 ft)...

MuneebM

Supporting Actor
one question: how the hell did you get all your HT equipment up those damn narrow spiraling stairs???

by the way: congrats on your SVS!

AaronDefTech

Auditioning
Sweet setup. Giving any demonstrations?

I have a Def Tech setup and have been thinking about getting a sub. SVS keeps getting suggested.

So it's either a def tech supercube reference or a svs.

JohnnyN

Stunt Coordinator
Munee, one step at a time...

Aaron, since you live in houston, if you want to set up a demonstration, just drop me a private message...

Charlie, it'll be worth every second that you have to wait.

Everybody else, thanks for the positive comments.

Vital

Grip
Hey I'm in Houston and would love to hear the SVS. Maybe a live demo could help me talk my girl into letting me get one. ; )

Do you live anywhere near the Galleria? Nice setup btw.

luke_ha

Stunt Coordinator
hey i am just up here in minnesota turn up the volume a bit i will tell ya how it sounds. :)

btw looks great

Sebastian

Second Unit
Johnny
Have you ever done a frequency sweep on the sub in that location and then put the sub in a more ideal location and compared the results?

I would think with the sub crammed in that spot that you would have some very bad peaks (30Hz-50Hz) and nulls.

MikeLi

Supporting Actor
Aaron... I hope you get to demo an SVS... You will then never want a def tech sub... no comparison. Thats just my opinion.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation822
Recent bookmarks