What's new

Old CBS shows - Crazy Like A Fox or Whiz Kids??? (1 Viewer)

Scott Hamilton

Stunt Coordinator
I hope to see these both but chances are it won't happen since they were short lived - Crazy Like a Fox 1984 to 1986 (35 episodes)and Whiz Kids 1983 to 1984.

Anyone else intrested in these titles?

Marko Berg

Supporting Actor
I'd buy Whiz Kids although I'm not sure if there is much demand for this title in 2004. While the (sometimes extremely) silly plots can be overlooked (and I personally think the less-than-believable story lines add to the charm of this series), it is obviously hopelessly outdated now as far as computers are concerned. Modern kids would probably laugh at the series.

I'd also like to see "Bring'Em Back Alive" get released. Bruce Boxleitner has participated in commentaries and interviews for the Babylon 5 sets, and it probably wouldn't be impossible to get him to participate in e.g. a featurette for this series.

StacyV

Second Unit
This might be happening. Amazon.com, among others, list an April 27 release date for a Whiz Kids title. Anyone have conclusive info on this?

peggy

Stunt Coordinator
I would love to have Crazy Like a Fox, I only saw one or two episodes and really would love to see the rest.

StacyV

Second Unit

When in doubt, google! Thanks for the info Mara, lesson learned. I doubted it was the Whiz Kids series but wanted to alert everyone just in case it was. I wonder if Matthew Laborteaux knows that he's in a children's educational video. :wink:

Eric Paddon

Screenwriter
"Crazy Like A Fox" was a gem of a show that sadly died a needless death when CBS inexcusably moved it from Sunday nights to put it opposite "Dynasty" on Wednesdays. I have about five episodes taped off the CBS airings along with the "Still Crazy Like A Fox" revival attempt and wish it could get a DVD release.

younger1968

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
paul young
i love to see Whiz Kids, especially after watching the Simon & Simon episode with the crossover episode. I am not sure there is huge following for this show. There are several shows that were like one season that may never be released on dvd.

HenryDuBrow

Screenwriter
Real Name
Henry.
Yes sirree it was indeed a fine show so here's another vote for CLAF, Warden and Rubinstein had a wonderful rapport, and it deserves to be seen again. Maybe he (Rubinstein), Peyser and Kiger could add some thoughts for any extras.

younger1968

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
paul young
Whiz Kids would be good show to release consider that the cross over episode was release recently with the Simon & Simon release.

WaveCrest

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
With Shout! Factory continuing with the season sets of Simon & Simon exclusively via their website, what are the chances of the one season only series Whiz Kids being released exclusively via their website? I can't remember if it was ever shown in the UK, but it's one of the one season only US TV series I would like to see, especially because of Jameson Parker's guest appearance in one episode.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sharel
Recent bookmarks