Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Netflix Copycat comes to Canada - Does anybody care?

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 of 5 OFFLINE   Peter Overduin

Peter Overduin

Supporting Actor

• 781 posts

Posted February 25 2004 - 05:12 AM

It's call Zip and the link is below. For 25 bucks a month...too rich for me, but maybe for other Canucks?

My Collection

#2 of 5 OFFLINE   Mark Dubbelboer

Mark Dubbelboer

• 1,011 posts

Posted February 25 2004 - 05:33 PM

that's a lot per month i'd still like to give it a whirl sometime just to see how good/bad it is. i'd appreciate any impressions

#3 of 5 OFFLINE   EricSchulz

• 4,574 posts

Posted February 26 2004 - 06:13 AM

That's about the same price as Netflix; assuming that the $24.95 is Canadian, it works out to US$18.66 (as of 2/26/04). Netflix offers the same service for US$19.95. These flat-fee services are worthwhile IF you watch a decent number of movies and they have the DVDs you want to see.

#4 of 5 OFFLINE   Mark Dubbelboer

Mark Dubbelboer

• 1,011 posts

Posted April 06 2004 - 12:13 PM

I was just about to sign up for this once my school semester is over, has anyone here tried it? I'd appreciate some feedback if anyone has... thanks

#5 of 5 OFFLINE   Chester II

Chester II

Stunt Coordinator

• 205 posts

Posted April 06 2004 - 12:44 PM

Dudes, Netflix here in Kalifornia (uber alles) is great and worth the price once you factor in the cost of gas and time in getting to a video store. I can't imagine going to a video store again unless I NEED something same day. As long as Zip carries a diverse enough selection as does Netflix then paying a measly $25 KANADIAN is totally worth it dudes. Dudes, Chester p.s. prepare for the invasion.....we are coming to save you soon

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users