Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests to win things like this Logitech Harmony Ultimate Remote and you won't get the popup ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

receiver upgrade

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
4 replies to this topic

#1 of 5 EduardoBonifaz

EduardoBonifaz

Stunt Coordinator

• 77 posts

Posted February 25 2004 - 02:12 AM

Im planning (after a looong technical justification talk with my wife ) to upgrade my receiver, I looked at the Onkyo TX-SR601 http://www.onkyo-int....601/index.html
I think it´s in my budget and has amazing features to me, I saw another very similar (in the price tag) from Harman Kardon, I consider better the onkyo because it has more power output, and it has component viedo inputs, and composite to S-video conversion, but the HK has the Logic 7 feature (by the way I´m not very clear about the benefit of this logic7 thing) the guy in the store told me any kind of superlative adjectuves about Logic 7 , I need your avice to decide for one, I mean not talking about the brands but the technical capabbilities of the receivers, thanks in advance for your advice¡
Eduardo Bonifaz

#2 of 5 ChadLB

ChadLB

Screenwriter

• 1,523 posts

Posted February 25 2004 - 07:08 AM

Well first off HK is more realistic on watts/chanel than most entry level companies out there. Most receivers only put out 100w(or whatever they say) maybe in stereo mode. So basically don't go by Power output...look more for features and what you need to get out of it. Which HK were you looking at?

#3 of 5 EduardoBonifaz

EduardoBonifaz

Stunt Coordinator

• 77 posts

Posted February 25 2004 - 07:16 AM

I´m looking at the HK AVR 130, (in Mexico has the same price than the onkyo), what do you think?
Eduardo Bonifaz

#4 of 5 James_R

James_R

Auditioning

• 7 posts

Posted February 25 2004 - 07:29 AM

Here is a link to a review on audioholics.com:

audioholics.com/productreviews/avhardware/onkyo_TX-SR601_review_01.html

By the way I have the Onkyo 601 and am very happy with it.

James R

#5 of 5 ChadLB

ChadLB

Screenwriter

• 1,523 posts

Posted February 25 2004 - 07:51 AM

I think you would be happy with either of them if they are around the same price.