What's new

Queer as Folk: Season 3 (1 Viewer)

Robert Burkes

Second Unit
Hi! Has anyone gotten this yet? I own both Seasons 1 & 2, and I love them, though Season 1 is better than 2. I have not seen a single episode from Season 3, and I was wondering how good the season is. How does it compare to the other 2?

Mitch Stevens

Supporting Actor
I think that season 3 rapidly takes a downhill turn. It gets worse and worse with each episode. Of course, this is only my opinion, so you don't have to listen to me. I did love the first season, and I thought the second season was just "alright."

It's a good thing that season 3 is so incredibly short. It's only 13 episodes, where as the other seasons had over 20 episodes.

Hopefully, they'll find somewhere new they can take the story.

BTW, does anyone besides me, hate the character of Michael? OMG, he's so annoying. All he does is whine about everything.

John Berggren

Senior HTF Member
I think the opposite. I think season 3 is where the series really comes into it's own. The shorter season really helped them beef up the quality of the writing, focus on relationships, and generally better the show.

Even the music was consistantly better.

I too thought season 2 was a dog. I didn't buy it on DVD after watching it on Showtime since the only highlight was the addition of Ben. I'll probably go back and get it for completion sake since I REALLY want season 3.

And I don't hate Michael.

To each their own.

Brian_L_Kleis

Stunt Coordinator
I, also, don't HATE Michael... Sure, he can be a bit whiney, but most of my friends can as well, and they're still my friends...

And I agree wholeheartedly with John - I thought season 3 actually improved on season 2 quite a bit... The acting and storyline for Peter Paige (Emmitt) was significantly better, and the downward spiral of Ted was fascinating. It may seem cheesy or over-the-top to some, but I know enough people in similar situations where this seems very accurate...

The Ben/HIV+ storyline is a major issue for people and I'm still glad they deal with it head on in S3

I'll be picking this one up soon...
Just my two cents...

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks