Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

"Ultimate Dallas" Site Reports That The First "Dallas" DVD Set Is Due In Sept. 2

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
84 replies to this topic

#21 of 85 OFFLINE   Chris:L

Chris:L

Supporting Actor

• 709 posts

Posted August 16 2004 - 01:04 PM

When Season Three going to be released? Anyone know?

#22 of 85 OFFLINE   Aryn Leroux

Aryn Leroux

Screenwriter

• 1,516 posts

Posted August 16 2004 - 04:10 PM

I am looking forward to this release next week. Has anyone seen a review or two pop up ? i think this is gonna sell rather well.

#23 of 85 OFFLINE   Mark Lx

Mark Lx

Second Unit

• 328 posts

Posted August 23 2004 - 05:54 AM

Any reviews of this set, which is out tomorrow?? I was wondering how many commentary episodes there are, and what they're like. And how the episodes look.

#24 of 85 OFFLINE   John KB

John KB

Second Unit

• 254 posts

Posted August 23 2004 - 11:53 AM

I contacted Future Shop, Best Buy and A &B sound in Winnipeg, Canada and none of them received their copies which they said they would usually have right now.
I work for a video distributer and we didn't receive any of ours either. And we distribute to a lot of video stores. I wonder if there's a delay in Canada?

Here's one review, but it's pretty lame:

http://www.dvdmoviec...Text/dallas.htm

I don't even think the guy watched the extras!! Or listened to a commentary.

#25 of 85 OFFLINE   David Von Pein

David Von Pein

Producer

• 5,736 posts

Posted August 23 2004 - 07:54 PM

Mine shipped from Amazon.com at 7:53 AM (EST) on August 23. So, Amazon (U.S.) has got 'em in stock for certain.

(7:53:19, to be precise. Posted Image)

Break out the Bourbon 'N Branch! And get that damned Digger Barnes off my couch!! Posted Image

#26 of 85 OFFLINE   David Von Pein

David Von Pein

Producer

• 5,736 posts

Posted August 23 2004 - 07:58 PM

Back of DVD Package .........

"...gushes with extras."

Perhaps a slight over-statement? Posted Image

Posted Image

#27 of 85 OFFLINE   Paul_Scott

Paul_Scott

Lead Actor

• 6,546 posts

Posted August 23 2004 - 08:06 PM

i'm suprised how 'under the radar' this set seems to be coming in.
no reviews anywhere (save for the above one)-no ad banners- very little buzz.
from the sales # on Amazon it seems to be selling alright (was in the 50's last time i looked compared to Night Gallery which was up around 160-something).

just seems odd that Warner would take a relatively low profile with this one.

#28 of 85 OFFLINE   Paul_Scott

Paul_Scott

Lead Actor

• 6,546 posts

Posted August 23 2004 - 08:08 PM

just noticed there is a shot of Kristen on the back cover- NO Fair! that lil' honey doesn't show up till S3.

and anyone want to make a guess when we'll get to see that set?
4 months? 6 months?

what has been Warners timeline for multiple seasons in the past?

#29 of 85 OFFLINE   David Von Pein

David Von Pein

Producer

• 5,736 posts

Posted August 23 2004 - 08:50 PM

Quote:
Just noticed there is a shot of Kristen on the back cover- NO Fair! that lil' honey doesn't show up till S3.

Actually, Kristin DID show up in S.2 (in the ep. "Sue Ellen's Sister" and one other)....but it wasn't Mary Crosby. It was Colleen Camp who played an even-sluttier Kristin (if that's possible Posted Image) in the second season.

But the box does seem to show M. Crosby with J.R. there. Indeed, that's an error. Shame. Posted Image

Quote:
Anyone want to make a guess when we'll get to see that [Season 3] set? 4 months? 6 months?

I'm guessing that Warner will release "Dallas Season 3" and "Season 4" fairly close together. Maybe even the same day, given the "Who Shot J.R.?" plotline is tied in to S.3 and the first 4 eps. of S.4, with the "Who Done It" episode being ep. #58.

I'm betting that we'll see S.3 and S.4 no matter how good or bad this first Dallas set sells. There's no way they WON'T release the shows dealing with the "Who Shot J.R.?" storyline, which is the most-watched "cliffhanger" in TV history. WHV would be fools to not AT LEAST release this series through Season #4. (IMHO.)

I'd say we'll see S.3 and S.4 on January 25, 2005. Posted Image Warner has been releasing "West Wing" sets at the rate of one season every six months.

#30 of 85 OFFLINE   David Von Pein

David Von Pein

Producer

• 5,736 posts

Posted August 23 2004 - 09:01 PM

I'd totally forgotten that Barbara Eden was in the last season of "Dallas" -- playing "LeeAnn De La Vega".

That might just be enough reason to want to see Season 14 released. Posted Image

Interestingly, Barbara Eden turned 70 years old today (well, technically yesterday). Hard to believe Jeannie is 70. Happy Birthday, Jeannie! Posted Image ........

Birthday: August 23, 1934
Birth Place: Tuscon, Arizona
Birth Name: Barbara Jean Moorhead

#31 of 85 OFFLINE   Paul_Scott

Paul_Scott

Lead Actor

• 6,546 posts

Posted August 23 2004 - 09:21 PM

i'm watching both of them as i read that post- tvland reruns.
they both look so young.
where does the time go...

yeah i was familiar with CC's Kristen, but MC was the only one who made an impression on me in the role.
its probably apropos that shes the one on the S1 & 2 back cover, 'cause shes such a damn tease anyway Posted Image

#32 of 85 OFFLINE   ScottDombrowski

ScottDombrowski

Stunt Coordinator

• 190 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted August 24 2004 - 12:55 AM

I did see a nice ad for the Dallas set in this month's issue of Premiere, and it's currently #15 at Amazon! I am wondering if shipments were late since mine only shipped from DDD on Friday, and most of my preorders from them in the past several months have arrived the day before release date. Anyway, I can't wait! I haven't seen these first episodes in years!

#33 of 85 OFFLINE   John KB

John KB

Second Unit

• 254 posts

Posted August 24 2004 - 02:05 AM

Checked with our distributor in Toronto and they said that production problems have delayed the DVD in Canada.

Anybody find it in Canada?

#34 of 85 OFFLINE   todd s

todd s

Lead Actor

• 6,935 posts

Posted August 24 2004 - 02:48 AM

They should release Dallas:The Early Years movie.

Oh yes! and Knot's Landing. Posted Image
Bring back John Doe! Or at least resolve the cliff-hanger with a 2hr movie or as an extra on a dvd release.

#35 of 85 OFFLINE   John KB

John KB

Second Unit

• 254 posts

Posted August 24 2004 - 03:54 AM

The Canadian release date is now officially August 31st.

#36 of 85 OFFLINE   Paul Stanley

Paul Stanley

Stunt Coordinator

• 98 posts

Posted August 24 2004 - 04:16 AM

Yep, after taking the day off work and racing around town, I finally got an answer at HMV - release date in Canada is the 31st. Sonofagun.
Posted Image

#37 of 85 OFFLINE   Haden

Haden

Supporting Actor

• 782 posts

Posted August 24 2004 - 06:55 AM

Quote:
They should release Dallas:The Early Years movie.

Definitely. I wish it would just be included as a bonus on one of the season sets. I haven't seen this movie in like 10 years and would love to watch it again. I suspect we may never see it on DVD though. It's probably all dependent on how successful the season sets are, and even then it may not be released until after all the seasons come out. The same goes for the two 1996 and 1998 reunion movies. Ugh...

Speaking of which, what's the official word (or anyone's personal opinion) on how long it will be between season set releases? The release of this series on DVD could potentially be as frustrating as the Simpsons if we only get 1-2 sets a year. We'll be well into HD-DVD before we're half through Dallas' 13 seasons. Ugh...

#38 of 85 OFFLINE   Mark Lx

Mark Lx

Second Unit

• 328 posts

Posted August 24 2004 - 07:16 AM

Well I was in A&B Sound just now and the guy said later this afternoon. He doesn't have them in his hands. On the one hand , he may not know for sure(if there is a week delay), but you'd also think he wouldn't risk annoying a customer.

#39 of 85 OFFLINE   Greg_S_H

Greg_S_H

Executive Producer

• 14,909 posts
  • LocationNorth Texas

Posted August 24 2004 - 09:15 AM

Quote:
It was Colleen Camp who played an even-sluttier Kristin (if that's possible ) in the second season.

Mmm, Colleen Camp. When I was a kid, seeing her in Clue made me feel special.

Posted Image

#40 of 85 OFFLINE   Paul Stanley

Paul Stanley

Stunt Coordinator

• 98 posts

Posted August 24 2004 - 09:43 AM

If anyone in Canada gets it before the 31st, let us know where and when please!

Back to TV on DVD and Blu-ray

Forum Nav Content I Follow