What's new

BBC's "To the Manor Born: Complete Series" on DVD June 15th (1 Viewer)

Andrew Budgell

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Andy Budgell

BBC will release the entire series of the classic BritCom "To the Manor Born" on DVD June 15th, 2004 and will retail for $79.98 ($20 cheaper than the VHS set previously availible)! For those not familiar with the series: Hard times force the snooty Audrey Forbes-Hamilton to sell her grand country manor house and move into the lodge. But, much to her horror, the new Squire turns out to be the smooth, grocery tycoon, Richard DeVere. It's the start of an hilarious, class-conscious, love-hate relationship. The hugely successful television series has now been specially adapted for BBC Radio 2 and also stars Angela Thorne as Audrey's friend, Marjory.

I for one am highly anticipating the release of this classic British Fare!

..:: Andy ::..

John Watson

Screenwriter
This is one of our favourites too.

When I heard about this, I wondered about the picture quality though. The last time I saw it (on PBS?), the colours seemed pale.

But I don't know if that was chracteristic of the original production, or poor TV - cable broadcasting of a deteriorated copy.

I will be interested in any reviews.

andrew markworthy

Senior HTF Member

Not, I must confess, my favourite sitcom, but they were showing excerpts from TTMB on a show about British sitcoms the other week, and I thought then that the video and film stock looked rather insipid. The same goes for a lot of other BBC programmes of the same period, so it may be an artefact of videos of the late 70s/early 80s.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks