What's new

ANGEL Season 4: 5.1 Audio! (1 Viewer)

Nick Martin

Senior HTF Member
This applies to ALL regions, obviously.

Yes, according to fox tv dvd(UK) (click angel on top of the page) Angel season 4 will have Dolby Digital 5.1 Audio! This is really good considering we¡¯ve been sent off with the cheap 2.0 tracks earlier. Maybe this will apply to Buffy season 7? I¡¯m hoping anyway, when shows like 24 & Alias get 5.1, than so should Buffy & Angel.

Source: Buffy.nu

Adam_ME

Supporting Actor
We'll see. They initially said the R2 Angel Season 3 set would have 5.1 audio and that didn't pan out. I guess I'll know in about a week and a half when Season 4 arrives.

Gord Lacey

Senior HTF Member
At least in North America Fox has incorrectly reported information on a LOT of their TV releases. I wouldn't hold my breath for 5.1 audio. I hope I'm wrong.

Gord

JulianK

Supporting Actor
I've seen three of the six discs in the UK R2 Season 4 set - and they have 2.0 audio only.

John Berggren

Senior HTF Member

Yes. That was my point, in a way. I'm hoping that through UPN, TNT, or other avenue, they find a way to make a 6th season of Angel.

Ric Easton

Senior HTF Member
I'm hoping for some kind of repreive as well, John. Come this fall, there may not be any Joss Whedon shows on the air. I'm still depressed about Firefly!

Ric

Kai Zas

Second Unit
Tell me about it. I've been lending my FireFly set to all of my colleagues and friends. I have to relive the loss each time someone hands it back to me...

It's a great way to depress people, actually. Give 'm FireFly. Then take it away. (Don't tell 'm about the upcoming movie.)

Adam_ME

Supporting Actor

Amazon UK was selling Angel Season 4 and Buffy Season 7 for 54.99 pounds, but it looks like they upped the price back to 59.99. I'm hoping they'll honor the lower price.

alan halvorson

Senior HTF Member
Angel, Season 4 was 59.99 pounds this morning on Amazon UK and is now back to 54.99. The exchange rate is horrendous, but I just completed viewing Season 3, I've never seen Season 4, and I just can't wait, so I ordered it. Price after VAT was removed is 46.80 - not too shabby compared with Benson's and Blackstar. I combined it with my Blake's 7 order, which is supposed to ship the same day (PLEASE!!!!).

Dan Rudolph

Senior HTF Member
And I thought the 10% sales tax people pay in parts of the US was bad (here in Iowa, it's 5%).

I agree this probably won't really be 5.1, which is a shame.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks