What's new

Star Trek Feature Films Alternate Cover Art (1 Viewer)

Ric Easton

Senior HTF Member

Made for the already released and upcoming 2 disc Special Editions. They all go in a double width case. Right now I'm storing my Next Gen single discers in the last 4 until the CE's come out.

To view or download all the individual covers from my website, click here!

I probably still won't start the Voyager sets for a few more months. They'll be appearing in the DVD/TV section when I finally get to them!

Ric

Neil S. Bulk

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil S. Bulk
There is only one "R" in Harold Livingston's name.

Also, why didn't you use the classic final Bob peak poster for TMP?

Very nice job, otherwise.

Neil

Ric Easton

Senior HTF Member
Yep, and there is another E in De Kelley's last name! The downloadable versions have been corrected. I felt the alternate art (also by Bob Peak) better matched the cover design. As you can see, I also did not use the official poster art for Nemesis, but went with the art they used in the DVD insert. Even though Jean-Luc is wearing the wrong uniform... If it's good enough for Paramount, I guess its ok by me! I really couldn't get the official poster to blend right.

Ric

Dave S.G.

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
David
Very nice. I prefer them to the official releases.

Only one problem... for it to look right I'd need to buy ST V and I just canna do it, cap'n. :eek:

Ric Easton

Senior HTF Member
LOL! I know how you feel about ST:V. I bought it, and although I checked out many of ther special features, I haven't been able to bring myself to watch the film yet.

Ric

Greg S

Supporting Actor
:emoji_thumbsup:

Excellent as always Ric, THANKS!!

Any thoughts on "slimming" these down to use regular double cases??

Oh I got your email yesterday but can't respond for some reason (dam comcast!!) so just to let you know we are a go for everything but hold off on things since I need to verify $$.

Thanks

Greg

Ric Easton

Senior HTF Member
Thanks Greg!

No plans for the slim doubles right now. There are a few reasons I think they work better on the wide doubles... It gives me a bigger "canvas" to display the pic. The words "The Feature Films" display better because of wider area. And that Delta shield better incorporates into the background of the fronts in many of the covers. If I went with the slimmer cases the insignia would not shift over as much on each front pic, and I like how they are lining up now.

I wish I could have made them work on the slims... I first got into this to save space! Oh well, I'll be eyeing the rest of my collection for more thinpak conversions!

If you need to get ahold of me and your email continues to be screwed up, I'll keep an eye out for pm's in this forum.

Thanks,
Ric

Tony Whalen

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony Whalen
Aw geez.

I already have your TNG & DS9 covers on my shelf, but I'd printed Dr. Zaius's covers for movies one through six. So now I gotta decide if I should keep Zaius's covers, and therefore slim doubles, or go with your awesome spine-design, and go back to double-wides.

Thanks a LOT Ric. :laugh:

Seriously, can't decide what to do now, but your new covers are VERY cool. :D Downloading 'em whether I use 'em or not! :laugh:

Ric Easton

Senior HTF Member
Thanks guys!

Tony, I was also using Dr. Zaius' covers. He does really nice work, hence me using his backs for my 1 thru 6 covers!

Steve, I may have given 007 a shot if there weren't so many other great covers already out there at DVD Cover Art

Ric

Ray_R

Screenwriter
Real Name
R. Ray Rogers II
htf_images_smilies_smiley_jawdrop.gif
:cool: :emoji_thumbsup: :emoji_thumbsup: :emoji_thumbsup: :emoji_thumbsup: :emoji_thumbsup:
This 120% looks better than the Paramount release!
Kick ass work, Matt!

Ray_R

Screenwriter
Real Name
R. Ray Rogers II
I wish I could put more up but I'm running out of thumbs! ;) :D

Frank Anderson

Senior HTF Member
Now that's funny ;)

Since I don't mind the 40 individual TOS cases I have 8 empty 5-disc cases (first version of TOS cases), 5 empty 7-disc cases (second version of TOS cases) 1 empty 6-disc case (Battlestar Galactica) and now 10 empty double cases simply because I love your work and can't decide on which to use... so I use them all. And yet, I find myself wishing you will do covers for Farscape since I really hate the fact that the first season is in different size cases than the other 3 seasons. But knowing me the way I do I would probably display them even if you made replacment covers.

[url=http://members.aol.com/nightdog35/spidey_smiley.gif] [/url]

Ric Easton

Senior HTF Member
Frank,

Yer gonna need a whole new wing for my empty cases!

Heads up, if anyone is downloading these, please hold off before printing them and redownload them tomorrow. There is a slight prob with PS printer settings being saved in the files and there is also a small white line going thru The Search for Spock logo. I'll leave a post when they are corrected!

Ric

Mike Williams

Screenwriter
Ric,

Really nice job. Far better than what Paramount is putting out. Which reminds me, if it's "good enough for Paramount, it's good enough for you" holds true, then why are you redoing all their covers? LOL!

I do have to say that I like the original TMP and Nemesis covers better. I really think your choices for TMP and Nemesis don't really fit well with the rest of the covers, but hey, you created them for YOU, right?

Fantastic Job!!! Very professional.

Matt Rexer

Stunt Coordinator
Me too. Plus -- if you've ever noticed -- ADV completely frelled up the alien numbering system for season 3. They repeat the number for 2 on almost all of the cases. Very sloppy.

Any chances for an Easton-style Farscape set?

Ric Easton

Senior HTF Member

Yes. But I will wait until all the releases are out. Although the rumored upcoming miniseriesmay delay the set even further!

Ric

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks