-

Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and you won't get the popup ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Denon Link jack

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
3 replies to this topic

#1 of 4 ericanthonE

ericanthonE

Stunt Coordinator

• 204 posts

Posted February 22 2004 - 06:20 AM

I once read somewhere that if you used the Denon Link jack (RJ-45 jack) to connect to an supported receiver/processor, that it would cause the unit to not be able to play the SACD/DVD-Audio due to copyright restrictions which are embedded into the disc by the manufacturer? Is this true? If so is it true with all of these disks? Then why buy it? Can the ilink support (7) speakers/i have speakers with powered subs built into them for the playback of SACD/DVD-A. Would the ilink/RJ-45 only support 5.1 from what i read? just would split the back surrounds with the side surrounds?
Thanks in advance. Eric

#2 of 4 DanielSmi

DanielSmi

Second Unit

• 455 posts

Posted February 24 2004 - 08:28 AM

What? Where did you hear that?
DLInk will not disable the player that's stupid. DLink version 2 can output everything except SACD. Dlink can output DVD-A but not SACD. Denon Link only works with Denon products and currently there aren't any pre/pros avail from Denon now. Neither Denon Link or i.Link currently support 7.1ch because there aren't any formats that are 7.1ch. Now if you wanted 7.1 ch your pre/pro or receiver would have to do some processing of the SACD or DVD-A signal such as DPLIIx, Logic 7 or THX musicmode. These are all post processing formats that can make a 7.1ch sound out of a 5.1ch signal. There are not DVD. CD, DVD-A or SACD that has 7.1 encoded on the disc it has to be made in the processor or receiver.

Daniel Smith

#3 of 4 Joe Hsu

Joe Hsu

Supporting Actor

• 815 posts

Posted February 24 2004 - 02:50 PM

Well currently the 5803 has Denon Link and the upcoming 3805 (2 weeks!) will have it too

#4 of 4 ericanthonE

ericanthonE

Stunt Coordinator

• 204 posts

Posted February 24 2004 - 02:51 PM

yeah, i was going to say that but too scared, i'm new