• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
50 replies to this topic

#41 of 51 OFFLINE   handley

handley

Stunt Coordinator

• 101 posts

Posted November 14 2012 - 11:48 PM

Glad I could be of help, Chris. Thanks to Gary for confirming the info. I just got an e-mail that my set has shipped and is on it's way! Slight bummer on the one episode not being included, but after years of sporadic releases, it'll be nice to have them all for my viewing pleasure.

#42 of 51 OFFLINE   ChrisALM

ChrisALM

Supporting Actor

• 553 posts

Posted November 15 2012 - 02:14 PM

Originally Posted by Gary OS 

Yes, the 12 volume set is complete (with the one exception noted by Chris).  I highly recommend it to anyone interested in this classic series.

Gary "my thanks to Paul as well for mentioning the Bridgestone set - I should have done that months ago when I received my set" O.

Thanks, Gary.

I'm going to pick this up. I'm glad someone finally came out with a complete series set for Davey and Goliath.

#43 of 51 OFFLINE   handley

handley

Stunt Coordinator

• 101 posts

Posted November 16 2012 - 07:14 AM

Just got my Complete Collection today and it looks pretty sweet! I sent a link to Gord Lacey over at TV Shows on DVD, so hopefully he'll put it up with the rest of the D&G releases.

#44 of 51 OFFLINE   Rodney

Rodney

Supporting Actor

• 533 posts

Posted November 18 2012 - 11:09 AM

Wow! I heard awhile back that this was coming out, but never heard of a release date, only to find out it has been available for about six months now. Great news, and glad to hear they look good. I just placed my order for it. Now does anyone know how to get the "Davey and Goliath: Family of God" special on DVD to complete the collection?
-Rodney

#45 of 51 OFFLINE   Carabimero

Carabimero

Screenwriter

• 1,230 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles

Posted November 18 2012 - 11:29 AM

Thanks for all the info. I have volumes 1 and 2 but couldn't find anything else. Just ordered all 12 volumes. Appreciate it.

#46 of 51 OFFLINE   handley

handley

Stunt Coordinator

• 101 posts

Posted November 19 2012 - 02:13 AM

Now does anyone know how to get the "Davey and Goliath: Family of God" special on DVD to complete the collection?

I'd also like to know if/where this is available. I checked the Augsburg Fortress website mentioned previously, but didn't see any D&G DVDs there.

#47 of 51 OFFLINE   Bob_S.

Bob_S.

Supporting Actor

• 619 posts

Posted November 19 2012 - 04:45 PM

Does the 12 volumes include the 1 hour making of? I was watching this yesterday and they mentioned about making new episodes. They said they had 18 scripts already done. Did they make these because I don't remember seeing anything about it.

#48 of 51 OFFLINE   Joey Gunz

Joey Gunz

Second Unit

• 299 posts

Posted November 23 2012 - 02:42 AM

I've got a question about the 12-Volume complete set from Bridgestone. Are there english subtitles for all of the episodes? I grew up watching this show and my hearing isn't the greatest these days. So if anyone owns this collection, can you confirm if it has subtitles? Thank you very much. :)

#49 of 51 OFFLINE   handley

handley

Stunt Coordinator

• 101 posts

Posted November 23 2012 - 10:44 PM

Does the 12 volumes include the 1 hour making of? I was watching this yesterday and they mentioned about making new episodes. They said they had 18 scripts already done. Did they make these because I don't remember seeing anything about it.

No, that one-hour "making of" is not included in this set. I'm pretty certain they didn't make any new episodes (other than the "snowboard" one, which isn't on this set).

#50 of 51 OFFLINE   handley

handley

Stunt Coordinator

• 101 posts

Posted November 23 2012 - 10:44 PM

I've got a question about the 12-Volume complete set from Bridgestone. Are there english subtitles for all of the episodes? I grew up watching this show and my hearing isn't the greatest these days. So if anyone owns this collection, can you confirm if it has subtitles? Thank you very much. :)

Sorry, no subtitles on this set.

#51 of 51 OFFLINE   Joey Gunz

Joey Gunz

Second Unit

• 299 posts

Posted November 24 2012 - 04:03 AM

Sorry, no subtitles on this set.

That's too bad. And inexcusable as well. I'll never understand why, in this day and age, some would still neglect to add subtitles to their DVDs and blu-rays. (I've got 2 blu-rays that has no subtitles: "March of the Wooden Soldiers" and "Rock and Roll High School" - I just naturally assumed that they had it when I bought them). It doesn't make any sense and only alienates potential customers. :( Thanks for letting me know. I really appreciate it. :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users