Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Any word on Ducktales?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
12 replies to this topic

#1 of 13 OFFLINE   Romier S

Romier S

Producer

• 3,533 posts

Posted February 21 2004 - 06:10 AM

One of my favorite cartoons of all time and unfortunately I have personally not seen any news at all concerning a DVD release. Any updates out there as to whether this is one is on the slate for release? (Perhaps with Darkwing Duck following closely behind? "Lets get dangerous!"Posted Image ).

#2 of 13 OFFLINE   Darren Haycock

Darren Haycock

Second Unit

• 456 posts

Posted February 21 2004 - 06:51 AM

Ahaha, yes! I've been waiting for Ducktales too, one of my favorite shows from the younger years. They don't even have the movie out on DVD yet. Anybody heard anything?
"Make ready, for this is our first and final battle..."

#3 of 13 OFFLINE   MattGentry

MattGentry

Second Unit

• 257 posts

Posted February 21 2004 - 07:53 AM

Give a man a fish - You feed him for a day.
Give that same man Ducktales on DVD - Well, let's just say he'll be a pretty happy man.

#4 of 13 OFFLINE   Joshua Lane

Joshua Lane

Second Unit

• 369 posts

Posted February 21 2004 - 12:14 PM

Ducktales: The Movie should see a release sometime this year and my guess is that if it sells well, the series will follow soon after. Whether it's a "season set" or not probably depends on how well the upcoming Spider-Man '67 Collection and Gargoyles Season 1 sets do.

#5 of 13 OFFLINE   ChrisRose

ChrisRose

Stunt Coordinator

• 189 posts

Posted February 21 2004 - 02:31 PM

Damn, I hate it when studios place conditions on their releases like that... I'm not interested in the Spider Man or Gargoyles DVDs, but I'd buy Ducktales (and Darkwing Duck) in a heartbeat.

So now I've gotta run out and buy Disney's other season sets in the hopes it'll help a Ducktales release in the future? Pfft.

#6 of 13 OFFLINE   Justin Hargis

Justin Hargis

Stunt Coordinator

• 224 posts

Posted February 21 2004 - 03:04 PM

Put me down for Ducktales and Darkwing Duck! Posted Image

I don't think I've seen the Ducktales movie. However, I'm sure I'd like it.

#7 of 13 OFFLINE   Rob T

Rob T

Screenwriter

• 1,991 posts

Posted February 21 2004 - 06:25 PM

Quote:
Whether it's a "season set" or not probably depends on how well the upcoming Spider-Man '67 Collection and Gargoyles Season 1 sets do.

I agree.
I'll be picking up Gargoyles and the ducktales movie for sure (I hope it's in widescreen!). Posted Image

#8 of 13 OFFLINE   Mark Lx

Mark Lx

Second Unit

• 328 posts

Posted February 23 2004 - 11:47 AM

I actually saw the movie in the theater. I loved watching DuckTales in the late 80s. They were quite well done. Good adventures including many adaptions of the old Carl Barks comics. I'd consider getting Seasons or "Best of" DVDs.

#9 of 13 OFFLINE   Jason Seaver

Jason Seaver

Lead Actor

• 9,306 posts

Posted February 23 2004 - 04:01 PM

Quote:
Good adventures including many adaptions of the old Carl Barks comics.
Mickey Mouse's nemesis "The Phantom Blot" even shows up in one episode (voice by The Guy Who Did Starscream).

The funny thing is, a year ago I wouldn't have given a second thought to buying a DuckTales set, especially after the horrifying realization brought on by the Transformers box that these things don't necessarily age well, but I've been picking up Gemstone's "new" Uncle Scrooge comic series since it started in August and I'm badly hooked (though I find I greatlly prefer Don Rosa to Carl Barks).
Jay's Movie Blog - A movie-viewing diary.
Transplanted Life: Sci-fi soap opera about a man placed in a new body, updated two or three times a week.
Trading Post Inn - Another gender-bending soap, with different collaborators writing different points of view.

"What? Since when was this an energy...

#10 of 13 OFFLINE   Jeff Jacobson

Jeff Jacobson

Screenwriter

• 2,116 posts

Posted February 23 2004 - 04:16 PM

Mickey Mouse's nemesis "The Phantom Blot" even shows up in one episode (voice by The Guy Who Did Starscream).

His name is Chris Latta. (AKA Christopher Collins or Chris Collins) http://akas.imdb.com/name/nm0490383/

The funny thing is, a year ago I wouldn't have given a second thought to buying a DuckTales set, especially after the horrifying realization brought on by the Transformers box that these things don't necessarily age well. . .

Rhino really messed up the Transformers sets. The episodes have been altered on the DVD sets. There's more animation mistakes on the DVDs than were there when the shows aired (There's more info in other threads about this.)

Hopefully Disney would do a better job with Ducktales.

#11 of 13 OFFLINE   Dome Vongvises

Dome Vongvises

Lead Actor

• 8,174 posts

Posted February 23 2004 - 04:29 PM

Crap. I'll be singing the theme song all day tomorrow now. Posted Image

#12 of 13 OFFLINE   Casey Trowbridg

Casey Trowbridg

Lead Actor

• 9,209 posts

Posted February 23 2004 - 04:33 PM

I'd probably buy this if it were to come out, I love Scrooge McDuck.

#13 of 13 OFFLINE   Jim Beaver

Jim Beaver

Supporting Actor

• 604 posts

Posted March 06 2004 - 07:55 AM

DuckTales ruled I'd buy this so fast if it came out.

Forum Nav Content I Follow