Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests to win things like this Logitech Harmony Ultimate Remote and you won't get the popup ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo

Snow White -Canadian version?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
4 replies to this topic

#1 of 5 Jeff Brooks

Jeff Brooks

Stunt Coordinator

• 246 posts
  • LocationSugar Hill GA USA

Posted October 26 2001 - 03:55 AM

I purchased a copy of Snow White at my local Best Buy and it seems fine. Then, I purchased another one for a friend from a distributor in California, and it has labelling indicating it is a version that is to be sold only in Canada! I really can't tell any difference in what is on the disks; but, the front of the box has an area in the bottom left corner with a splash about the French 5.1 sound, and the back of the box shows a small Canadian flag on the bottom left, and on the bottom right has a statement about it being manufactured for sale in Canada only.
Did I get ripped off?

#2 of 5 Rob W

Rob W

Second Unit

• 456 posts
  • LocationToronto

Posted October 26 2001 - 04:06 AM

Two things come to mind :

1. Disney may have been caught short in shipments and re-routed the Canadian discs to an American outlet in order to meet demand ( it's not unusual for Canada to get short-shipped when US orders exceed projections )

or more likely ;

2. The retailer bought his discs from a Canadian source in order to take advantage of the huge savings available because of the differences in exchange rates on American vs. Canadian dollars. If that were the case I suspect The Mouse would be very angry.

At any rate, you have a perfectly good disc since there's no difference in the pressings, just the cases. The Canadian discs are all marked "Made in USA" f.y.i.

[Edited last by Rob W on October 26, 2001 at 11:09 AM]

#3 of 5 Kyle-K

Kyle-K

Stunt Coordinator

• 61 posts

Posted October 26 2001 - 04:28 AM

The only difference that I know of is that the US version has a spanish alternate language track... and the Canadian version has a french alternate language track...

So if you don't need french or spanish, either version will be the same to you...

--kyle

#4 of 5 Ugo Scarlata

Ugo Scarlata

Stunt Coordinator

• 113 posts

Posted October 26 2001 - 04:38 AM

I don't know if this might affect the free disc offers, which require you to send in the proof-of-purchase tabs from the disc. Has anyone checked if the proof-of-purchase numbers are the same on both versions?

I own the Canadian edition, and had to send the coupon for the pre-order offer to an address in Ontario.

Cheers.

[Edited last by Ugo Scarlata on October 26, 2001 at 11:51 AM]

#5 of 5 Tony Cicirello

Tony Cicirello

Extra

• 24 posts

Posted October 26 2001 - 07:26 AM

Ciao Ugo,

I too have the CDN edition, French lang. sticker on packaging.

P.S. Enjoy the derby saturday!

Tony