-

Photo

Snow White -Canadian version?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
4 replies to this topic

#1 of 5 Jeff Brooks

Jeff Brooks

Second Unit

• 252 posts
  • LocationSugar Hill GA USA

Posted October 26 2001 - 03:55 AM

I purchased a copy of Snow White at my local Best Buy and it seems fine. Then, I purchased another one for a friend from a distributor in California, and it has labelling indicating it is a version that is to be sold only in Canada! I really can't tell any difference in what is on the disks; but, the front of the box has an area in the bottom left corner with a splash about the French 5.1 sound, and the back of the box shows a small Canadian flag on the bottom left, and on the bottom right has a statement about it being manufactured for sale in Canada only.
Did I get ripped off?

#2 of 5 Rob W

Rob W

Second Unit

• 464 posts
  • LocationToronto

Posted October 26 2001 - 04:06 AM

Two things come to mind :

1. Disney may have been caught short in shipments and re-routed the Canadian discs to an American outlet in order to meet demand ( it's not unusual for Canada to get short-shipped when US orders exceed projections )

or more likely ;

2. The retailer bought his discs from a Canadian source in order to take advantage of the huge savings available because of the differences in exchange rates on American vs. Canadian dollars. If that were the case I suspect The Mouse would be very angry.

At any rate, you have a perfectly good disc since there's no difference in the pressings, just the cases. The Canadian discs are all marked "Made in USA" f.y.i.

[Edited last by Rob W on October 26, 2001 at 11:09 AM]

#3 of 5 Kyle-K

Kyle-K

Stunt Coordinator

• 61 posts

Posted October 26 2001 - 04:28 AM

The only difference that I know of is that the US version has a spanish alternate language track... and the Canadian version has a french alternate language track...

So if you don't need french or spanish, either version will be the same to you...

--kyle

#4 of 5 Ugo Scarlata

Ugo Scarlata

Stunt Coordinator

• 113 posts

Posted October 26 2001 - 04:38 AM

I don't know if this might affect the free disc offers, which require you to send in the proof-of-purchase tabs from the disc. Has anyone checked if the proof-of-purchase numbers are the same on both versions?

I own the Canadian edition, and had to send the coupon for the pre-order offer to an address in Ontario.

Cheers.

[Edited last by Ugo Scarlata on October 26, 2001 at 11:51 AM]

#5 of 5 Tony Cicirello

Tony Cicirello

Extra

• 24 posts

Posted October 26 2001 - 07:26 AM

Ciao Ugo,

I too have the CDN edition, French lang. sticker on packaging.

P.S. Enjoy the derby saturday!

Tony