What's new

$500 - For New Speakers and Amp (1 Viewer)

Brandon Pop

Stunt Coordinator
Need advice on what speakers and amps I should consider / listen to for my 95 Honda. I have 2 6.5in in the rear, 2 in the front and 2 tweeters on the dashboard. Not looking to add a sub as I do not have the room for it. Mostly just looking for 1 set of tweeters and 6.5inchers to go in the front and something to power them. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated as I know little about car audio. Thanks in advance.

Shawn Shultzaberger

Supporting Actor
Watch the mounting depth on those 6.5" speakers in the front. I think the limit might be 1 3/4" deep without going to spacer rings. Go to www.crutchfield.com to find out what fits in your car and what doesn't or just measure the depth with window down yourself.

Focal is an awesome speaker and JBL makes a pretty good amp.

After checking the depth of the front speaker area also try looking at: Adire Audio Koda component speakers, Avionixx Amps, Boston Acoustic component speakers, Kicker Resolution component speakers, Alpine amp, JL Audio amp, MTX amp and Memphis Audio amp.

NOTE - when you finally get what you want in front component speakers cross the tweeter over as low as it will go. Some component sets let you cross over high at say 3500Hz or lower around 1800Hz (just examples). Using the lower setting will help lessen the localization of the speakers meaning that "it should" sound like it's all coming from one area and not from the woofer in the door and the tweeter in the dash seperately.

Mark gas

Second Unit
Most comp sets will not let you adjust the xover point of the tweet. Xover points depend on the speaker but most tweets don’t like to be crossed to low like 18oo hz. Also I would not mount tweets in the dash but keep them near the woofer or even mount them on top the woofer coax style.

I second the focals. I have the 165k2 w/ TN-51 tweets. Rediculous.... Anyway, the older PPI Art series amps are awesome (very clean, powerful) and can be had for a decent price. You might check the Cool Classifieds section of Sounddomain.com (go to the forum) or eBay. Elitecaraudio.com also has a classifieds section.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks