Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo

Serial Mom full-screen only?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
25 replies to this topic

#21 of 26 OFFLINE   Al (alweho)

Al (alweho)

Second Unit

• 268 posts

Posted August 24 2004 - 11:04 AM

Quote:
Then why is my copy 1.66:1?
Could it be a problem with overscan on my set Julian?

I've not only purchased this title for myself but given quite a few copies away as gifts. All appear to be full screen.
"Politics is the profession whereby the inevitable is made to seem a great human achievement" - Quentin Crisp

#22 of 26 OFFLINE   Dmitry

Dmitry

Supporting Actor

• 743 posts

Posted August 24 2004 - 12:27 PM

Quote:
Could it be a problem with overscan on my set Julian?
Quite possibly. The best way to see the actual aspect ratio is to play it on a computer in a window -- that way there's 0% overscan and you'll see (rather small) black bars on top and bottom.
My DVDs

#23 of 26 OFFLINE   Kevin Phillips

Kevin Phillips

Auditioning

• 12 posts

Posted August 24 2004 - 02:49 PM

I just tried the DVD on my computer. It is definitely non-anamorphic widescreen. On my 4:3 display, the window is the same dimensions as the monitor, but with black bars on top and bottom so what you see is 16:9. On my laptop's 16:9 display, the movie has black bars on all 4 sides.

#24 of 26 OFFLINE   RyanAn

RyanAn

Screenwriter

• 1,523 posts

Posted August 24 2004 - 04:09 PM

I bought my copy from the Wal-Mart $5.50 bin. I love the movie... it is so wickedly funny.

Ryan

#25 of 26 OFFLINE   Al (alweho)

Al (alweho)

Second Unit

• 268 posts

Posted August 24 2004 - 05:00 PM

Quote:
I just tried the DVD on my computer. It is definitely non-anamorphic widescreen.
I did the same and had the same result. I guess I had been zooming in on the picture for so long on my widescreen set I totally spaced that it was letterboxed. Sheesh.
Quote:
I love the movie... it is so wickedly funny.
Have you visited the website for John Waters latest? A Dirty Shame? The trailer is now up online - unbelievably it is a green "All Audiences" preview for an NC-17 rated film.

Best lines: "Dad! Somebody's licking our tires!" and "My name is Ray Ray, and I'm here to service you."

The Hokey Pokey is what's all about. Posted Image
"Politics is the profession whereby the inevitable is made to seem a great human achievement" - Quentin Crisp

#26 of 26 OFFLINE   RyanAn

RyanAn

Screenwriter

• 1,523 posts

Posted August 25 2004 - 03:14 PM

Quote:
Have you visited the website for John Waters latest? A Dirty Shame? The trailer is now up online - unbelievably it is a green "All Audiences" preview for an NC-17 rated film.

I love the trailer so much! I saw Harold and Kumar and was pleasantly surprised to witness my first NC-17 trailer in a theatre. I heard a lot of people gasp at some the raunch, and I explained to a few people in my group about how great it could be, and how Tracey Ullman is a genious.

ry

Back to DVD

Forum Nav Content I Follow