What's new

Green Hornet news... (1 Viewer)

Gary Seven

Grand Poo Pah
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gaston
Having grown up with the original TV show (not the radio... not THAT old), I have been waiting for the DVD release of the entire run. Perhaps with this new film, it will finally happen.

I have read various reports in the past few years concerning this project. Last I heard, Jet Li was up for Kato. Before that, the guy who played Bruce Lee in that movie about him (Way of the Dragon? Name escapes me).

Being that they are supposedly staying true to the character, I wonder if they'll mention his great great great grandfather, John Reid. Otherwise known as The Lone Ranger.

And of course, you must retain theme "Flight of the Bumble Bee". Is Al Hirt still around?

Steve_Knutzen

Screenwriter
I'm interested to see how this turns out.
Only problem I have with this is that it looks like we're never gonna see Fletch Won :frowning:.

Kevin Grey

Senior HTF Member
I'm very nervous about how Kevin Smith will handle action. I really enjoy his scripts but so far he seems at a complete loss at what to do with the camera.

Grant H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Grant H
Years ago I thought Dolph Lundgren and Jackie Chan would have been the perfect pair for Green Hornet.

Now, Jet Li or Jason Scott Lee for Kato. Seriously, JSL does direct-to-video sequels now. He'd do it in a heartbeat. Don't know if Jet would.

For the Green Hornet, I don't know.

Joe_Pinney

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Joe Pinney

Jersey Girl was photographed by the legendary cinematographer Vilmos Zsigmond, so it's a good bet Kevin's picked up some pointers. Even he knows his films traditionally have had little camera movement, but even Jay & Silent Bob Strike Back was more kinetically dynamic than his other films (granted, it was a comedy, but it WAS "on the move").

Besides, with the budget on this one, he'll likely be able to afford any number of excellent action photographers.

I'm curious as to how Quentin Tarantino's taking this news.

Lou Sytsma

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lou Sytsma
I'm nervous about Smith too. He definitely has a loyal following but never has been able to break out to a wider audience.

The plus on his side is his affection for the material and his knowledge.

JonZ

Senior HTF Member
After Dragon:The Bruce Lee Story came out, there was talk of doing a updated Green Hornet with JSL as Kato.

TheLongshot

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason

A good DP will solve a lot of those problems. I'm sure Harvey will give him the tools he needs to succeed here...

Jason

Tony Kwong

Supporting Actor
it was mentioned by kevin in his QandA that the lone ranger will not be in it, as they dont have the rights to that character.

The filming of Fletch Won and ranger danger has been moved back one year.

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
Columbia has optioned the rights to Green Hornet, according to a press release from the company.

Here's a quote:

Rakesh.S

Second Unit
i don't see much of an appeal for this flick...wouldn't be shocked if it were straight to video.

Gary Seven

Grand Poo Pah
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gaston
I've been collecting the series off of Retroplex TV. I loved this as a kid and am enjoying them again now. If done with respect to the source, could be a hit for sure. Of course, we need Jet Li as Kato.

Britt Reid, the Green Hornnet is the great great ( I may be a great off) grandson of John Reid.... The Lone Ranger.

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
Seems to me that if marketed right, a Green Hornet film could appeal to audiences in the same way a Sin City, Ghost Rider or Fantastic Four did. It won't be a blockbuster like Spider-Man or Batman or Superman, but it could do very well nonetheless.

Scott-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
Three years have passed since this thread was started. Is Kevin Smith still on board to write and direct it?

Why has there been such a long quiet spell?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks