Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

What video game sites do you visit?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
12 replies to this topic

#1 of 13 OFFLINE   George Monroy

George Monroy

Stunt Coordinator

• 141 posts

Posted February 17 2004 - 07:45 AM

What sites do you go to get your news and to talk about games?

I go to Gamesindustry.biz, gamespot and gamasutra for news.

I go to only 2 forums to chat about games. The main one I go to is www.gamersrepublic.net. Gamersrepublic.net is great.

#2 of 13 OFFLINE   BrianB

BrianB

Producer

• 5,211 posts

Posted February 17 2004 - 07:50 AM

LCVG, best game forum out there & a great bunch of guys to play online with.
high resolution ipod featuring dlp hd programming is the best, almost as good as playstation 2 with wega windows media on a super cd! ps2 and tivo do dolby tv with broadband hdtv!

#3 of 13 OFFLINE   Adam Tyner

Adam Tyner

Screenwriter

• 1,413 posts

Posted February 17 2004 - 08:16 AM

I'll second LCVG.

I also skim Gamespy Daily/xbox.gamespy.com every morning and check Gamespot every few days for reviews. I infrequently hit Gamerfeed and IGN, and everytime I visit I'm usually left wondering why I continue going there. I also read Penny Arcade and Cheap Ass Gamer, if they count.

#4 of 13 OFFLINE   Dean Martin

Dean Martin

Stunt Coordinator

• 185 posts

Posted February 17 2004 - 10:21 AM

LCVG is a good site. Unfortunately I think I offended someone here from there (?) and I guess I'm not welcome there anymore. I'm not really sure what happened.
Usually I go to forums like that one, HTF and AVS. Forums usually have more news than one single site.
Like others have said, Gamespy, IGN, & gamespot.

Edit: Just checked out the Gamesindustry.biz site, and that looks like a really good one to visit daily. Thanks!

#5 of 13 OFFLINE   BrianB

BrianB

Producer

• 5,211 posts

Posted February 17 2004 - 11:33 AM

Quote:
LCVG is a good site. Unfortunately I think I offended someone here from there (?) and I guess I'm not welcome there anymore. I'm not really sure what happened.

And neither am I, because as far as I know, you're not banned.
high resolution ipod featuring dlp hd programming is the best, almost as good as playstation 2 with wega windows media on a super cd! ps2 and tivo do dolby tv with broadband hdtv!

#6 of 13 OFFLINE   BertFalasco

BertFalasco

Supporting Actor

• 850 posts

Posted February 17 2004 - 12:02 PM

www.mortalkombatonline.com

One game only Posted Image!

#7 of 13 OFFLINE   Jay Mitchosky

Jay Mitchosky

Producer

• 3,740 posts

Posted February 17 2004 - 01:11 PM

This one, LCVG, Gamespot, occasionally IGN.
"The computer had attained consciousness, only to reject it, claiming it was too unstable an operating system."

#8 of 13 OFFLINE   Dean Martin

Dean Martin

Stunt Coordinator

• 185 posts

Posted February 17 2004 - 03:04 PM

Quote:
And neither am I, because as far as I know, you're not banned.

Really? I went there the other day and my name was all greyed out and I could not log in either. And here I have been feeling like I ticked someone off over there & was afraid to contact someone.

#9 of 13 OFFLINE   CaptDS9E

CaptDS9E

Screenwriter

• 2,171 posts

Posted February 17 2004 - 11:47 PM

LCVG is my favorite of course. Mature game chat, lots of fun people , and lots of x-box live players :-)

Dean as far as i know only one person has been banned from LCVG so far and it wasnt you. What was your name on there? ill try and find out for ya what happened

capt

#10 of 13 OFFLINE   Dean DeMass

Dean DeMass

Screenwriter

• 1,829 posts

Posted February 18 2004 - 12:24 AM

It's in the sig. Posted Image

-Dean-

#11 of 13 OFFLINE   Dean Martin

Dean Martin

Stunt Coordinator

• 185 posts

Posted February 18 2004 - 03:02 AM

My gamertag is the same as my board name. My last name is Martin and as a result, my friends have always called me Dino, hence the Nickname. I've been playing with that name for years.

Just to stay on topic here, another interesting site is this one: http://www.xboxsolut...rticle1306.html
The site's founder is a woman & the site offers a female gaming perspective. I found this on the linked on the XBOX site

#12 of 13 OFFLINE   Alanna

Alanna

Second Unit

• 487 posts

Posted February 18 2004 - 03:24 AM

I frequent LCVG myself. =)

But I also like www.gameforms.com & www.consolegold.com & www.insertcredit.com & www.shacknews.com & for comics nothing beats 8-bit Theatre www.nuklearpower.com. I have laughed so hard at that that I have literally cried over "sword-chucks" and other ridiculousness. Its great.

And of course gamespot, gamespy, ign, all every now and then or if I really am needing a review fix bad. Posted Image
Anime Collecting: Inu Yasha, Scrapped Princess

Last Purchases: Kaliedo Star Amazing Collection, Mezzo DC, Mezzo Thinpak, Neon Genesis Evangelion Platinum thinpak, Inu Yasha S2, Angelic Layer, Super Gals! Ironclad Collection, My Dear Marie

#13 of 13 OFFLINE   MikeH1

MikeH1

Screenwriter

• 1,498 posts

Posted February 18 2004 - 06:05 AM

www.wolfgaming.net

Posted Image

Forum Nav Content I Follow