Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests to win things like this Logitech Harmony Ultimate Remote and you won't get the popup ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo

Ultimate Jordan reviews ?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
6 replies to this topic

#1 of 7 Mariano

Mariano

Agent

• 43 posts

Posted October 22 2001 - 02:55 PM

Hi, today is the release date for the Ultimate Jordan 2 dvd collection, but i didn't read any reviews !!!
Any useful link ?

I had it shipped last week so i should receive it in a few days.

Thanks !
Mariano
AFI Challenges v.2
AFI TOP 100 : FINISHED ON 1/26/2004 !!!
AFI TOP 100 THRILLS : ONLY 5 LEFT !!
AFI TOP 100 PASSIONS : 52 LEFT AFI TOP 100 LAUGHS : 58 LEFT HEROS AND VILIANS : 22 LEFT (15 HEROES, 7 VILIANS) AFI TOP 50 STARS : 166 LEFT
My DVDs

#2 of 7 Karl Schuster

Karl Schuster

Extra

• 18 posts

Posted October 22 2001 - 03:38 PM

I havent seen any reviews either, just users comments on amazon.

I dont watch basketball at all, but do have a remote interest in it. However Michael Jordan is truly one of the greatest athletes ever. With his God Like abilities, this DVD will be nothing short of amazing.

I am very keen to see all the TV ad's Posted Image

I think they should continue this series into other sports like Ice Hockey, Football, Soccer etc.

#3 of 7 Scott-C

Scott-C

Supporting Actor

• 865 posts

Posted October 22 2001 - 03:56 PM

Please do post your opinions once you receive this DVD. I'm very curious and am a huge Jordan fan.

I haven't heard much about this except it's a compilation of about 3 or 4 of his VHS highlight tapes, plus I think one new one. That alone is compelling, but I'm more curious about any/all extras included with this set.

------------------
Scott

#4 of 7 Jehan

Jehan

Supporting Actor

• 553 posts

Posted October 22 2001 - 05:30 PM

Thanks for the heads up on this! I wasn't even aware it was coming out so soon. I'll definately be looking to pick this up.

------------------
[ Home Theater | DVD Collection ]

Home Theater • 2004 Film List • 2003 Film List • 2002 Film List • 2001 Film List

#5 of 7 Joe6pack99

Joe6pack99

Second Unit

• 441 posts

Posted October 22 2001 - 06:09 PM

I have been waiting on this one for some time I will definitely be picking this up

#6 of 7 Derek J

Derek J

Extra

• 24 posts

Posted October 24 2001 - 05:53 AM

Guys,

I just picked mine up at Best Buy yesterday for $19.99. Before I give my review of the discs themselves I think it's worth mentioning the packaging. This is one of the nicest and sturdiest cases I've seen for a two disc set in a long time. The outside cover is silver and the inside case (where the discs are stored and the one that slides out) is red with nice artwork of Jordan and folds out nicely. The artwork is very classy and stylish. Also included is a nice little Jordan booklet that that you will enjoy.

As for the discs themselves I really haven't had a chance to view everything but I did get a chance to watch some of disc two and believe me, you guys won't be disappointed. Even if you are not a Bulls fan (I happen to be a HUGE Laker fan) but you want to watch this superhuman athlete then you will be very pleased with the amount of footage that these discs contain.

The discs are presented in DD 5.1 but the sound really isn't that great as it pretty much sounds like a stereo mix more than anything. The picture quality is decent allthough some of the vintage footage shows it's age and I wish they could have done some work on that but overall it looks pretty good. The Menu's are straightforward and easy to use with no apparent easter eggs.

Make sure to check out special features on disc two because that is where you'll find Michael's "best of" footage. You can watch Jordan's best moves, best dunks, best clutch shots, best assists and great memories. This truly is a treasure chest of Michael Jordan footage and a DVD that any Basketball fun should have. Well worth the money.

#7 of 7 Scott-C

Scott-C

Supporting Actor

• 865 posts

Posted October 24 2001 - 09:35 AM

Derek,

Thanks for that, and please post more of your impressions once you've had a chance to review more of the footage. It sounds fantastic and I'll be adding it to my Christmas list.

------------------
Scott