What's new

Boomtown on DVD!!! (1 Viewer)

MattGentry

Second Unit
From the wonderful people at TVShowsOnDVD...

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! No words...gasping for air.

Greg S

Supporting Actor
Cool.

I never got to see this when it aired but was definitely interested in it.

If reasonably priced I will pick it up but at a minimum I will rent it.

Thanks for the news.

Greg

Kent Keltner

Auditioning
This news makes me especially happy as I was a big fan of season 1 and have been sitting on the fence on ordering the UK box set. (I think it'd come out to around $80 shipped, though which I can't afford right now... sigh...)

PatWahlquist

Supporting Actor
24 episodes over two seasons? I thought the first was 22, which is a standard season, and then 4 on NBC at the beginning of this season. NBC then put it on hiatus, they eventually cancelled it, and then they aired the last 3 on one Friday night around Christmas just to burn them off. So, hopefully, we'll get all 29 (?).

David_Blackwell

Screenwriter
Pat, the first season was 18 episodes long and the second season only had six episodes made before teh show was cancelled.

Be Seeing You,
David Blackwell

Tim-H.

Second Unit
Real Name
Tim-H
Awesome. I loved this show, although I felt the 2nd season eps were diminished by trying to be more 'straightforward' in structure. I'll pick it up.

My only concern, since this is Lion's Gate, is that the special features appear on the discs, and not just the box. (That's right, LG--You've Been Served.)

Adam T

Agent
Boomtown was one of the best shows on tv. These great shows always go unwatched. July 20 is around my birthday and last year I bought some tv shows. Guess what im getting. :)

Mark_Johnson

Stunt Coordinator
Yes, I will definately be the first one to pick this up.

Unfortunately, the second season eps pale in comparison to the first on account of the adjustments the network made to it--totally abandoning the nonlinear format which made the show so original and entertaining in the first place.

The show wasnt getting the same ratings as gems like Fear Factor and Whoopi so NBC had to dumb it down for the masses. Its a shame. I hope they dont decide to kill Scrubs as well but I wouldnt be surprised.

Larry Geller

Supporting Actor
If you think Whoopi is "dumbed down", and can be lumped with trash like Fear Factor, you obviously never seen it. It's one of the funniest, most intelligent, edgiest series out there. I liked Boomtown too, but I like Whoopi more.

Mark_Johnson

Stunt Coordinator
I have actually not seen an entire episode simply because it is painful to watch.

Where the hell do you get "intelligent and edgy" from? I havent seen more cliched and hackney jokes in a primetime sitcom in a while.

Larry Geller

Supporting Actor
Real good way to fairly judge something, watch just a portion of it & then slag the entire series! She is trying to be kind of a liberal Archie Bunker, and is dealing with some of the same political & social issues. Unless you're a total right-winger, give it a chance. It's hilarious, much funnier now than in the first couple of episodes, as they have developed the characters more, and are dealing with the election.

Gary Cliff

Stunt Coordinator
I just noticed that DVDSoon has Boomtown listed for pre-ordering...and it's listed at $43CAD (that's only about $31USD)!

Jim Saunders

Agent
Best Buy has season 1 on sale this week for $17.99. I've never seen the show but based on reviews, I'm picking it up today.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks