What's new

New "Batman Animated" DVD News? (1 Viewer)

Jim Harvey

Second Unit
I was making my rounds around the internet when I stumbled onto this post from the wf.toonzone.net The World's Finest website:

The original post can be found here at the official DC Comics boards.

I know this is probably just a rumor, but based on what I've heard from some sources, etc, this might be...abit on the ball. Does anyone have info or thoughts on this?

Rob T

Screenwriter
I hope all the episodes will have the pre-episode commentaries by Bruce Timm just like in the volume sets! :D

Jim Harvey

Second Unit
I wish there was some more concrete news on this. However, there is a WB Chat a week after the March 2nd DVDs (The Adventures of Batman & Robin - Penguin/Poison Ivy, Joker/Fire & Ice , Batman Beyond - Disappearing Inque/Tech Wars, School Dayz/Spellbound) are released, so it's possible that the box sets could be announced after these four VHS-to-DVD volumes hit shelves.

Jim Harvey

Second Unit
Also, the big debate concerning this set now is whether it'll be season sets or just boxed sets. The first season was 60 episodes, which has many fans speculating that WB would put it all in one set. Does anyone think this can be accomplished? Does anyone have any new info on the release. WB seems to be keeping tight-lipped here.

Bryan Ri

Screenwriter
Real Name
Bryan
This release is definately near the top of my most anticipated DVDs; we need to grill WB about this in the chat.

Bryan

Rob T

Screenwriter

I think it can be accomplished quite easily.
64/8=8
60 episodes in season 1
4 DVD-18s with 8 episodes per side
1 episode is approx. 22 mins.
22 x 2 = 44
44 mins is the approx. time for an hour long show.
side B of the 4th disc will only have 4 episodes so they can load it up with special features. :)

Gord Lacey

Senior HTF Member
I think it's more likely they will break the season up to lower the price. I don't think it's a problem if they release 2 sets of 30 episodes each rather than 1 larger one with 60 episodes.

Gord

Jim Harvey

Second Unit
I totally agree. I wouldn't have a problem if they broke the season up into two volumes. However, I'd be all for it if they deicded to do flipper discs, like ER. I am hoping this will be among the many animation announcements WB makes this year. I really hope this is brought up at the WB Chat on the 8th (or is it 9th?).

Ruz-El

Fake Shemp
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Russell
I don't care how they release it, I'd just like to see it released at a $30-$40 price range. Warners giligan Island set is around this price, so their is no reason not to. I don't think there should be any music clearances or things that would prevent them keeping the price down.

I'd also get any Superfriends or Justice League as well!:emoji_thumbsup:

Jim Harvey

Second Unit
I'd love to get Superman before we get Justice League. Superman was such an iconic cartoon - probably the best interpretation of the Man of Steel. And with only 54 episodes, it would take 2 - 3 sets to get that set done. Ditto with the 52 episode Batman Beyond...

But getting all 109 episodes of Batman is top priority...

Rob T

Screenwriter

So do I.
This is the order that I would like them in
Batman: TAS, The Adventures of Batman & Robin, Gotham Knights
then Superman: TAS
then Batman: Beyond
then Justice League (in 16x9 enhanced widescreen) :)

Jay Pennington

Screenwriter
Would there be any point in having Justice League in enhanced widescreen? It's not like the show was shot animorphically, so you're not actually gaining resolution to take a portion of a 4x3 frame, squeeze it, author it, then unsqueeze it back.

Dan Rudolph

Senior HTF Member
You are when the original is higher resolution that the final product. If it worked how you were saying, anamorphic widescreen wouldn't help soft-matted movies.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks