Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo

Target offers "Planet of the Apes" in Widescreen only!!!

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 of 5 OFFLINE   EricSchulz

EricSchulz

Producer

• 4,525 posts

Posted February 12 2004 - 12:42 PM

With all the talk of the mass merchandisers offering titles in full-screen/MAR only, it's nice to see that Target is carrying "POTA" in widescreen/OAR only!!! GREAT MOVE! There is hope...

#2 of 5 OFFLINE   Jesse Skeen

Jesse Skeen

Producer

• 4,096 posts

Posted March 04 2004 - 09:36 AM

I can't believe they even did a "foolscreen" version of this at all! They can watch the old Magnetic Video VHS that's been out for eons. It's useless to even include the extras with a p&s movie- who's going to watch it with the isolated score and Jerry Goldsmith commentary? "Hey Edna! Ah cain't har whut thar sayun!"
Home video oddities, old commercials and other junk: http://www.youtube.com/user/eyeh8nbc

#3 of 5 OFFLINE   Steve Phillips

Steve Phillips

Screenwriter

• 1,526 posts

Posted March 09 2004 - 10:31 AM

POTA looks awful in Pan and Scan. I can't imagine why anyone would want to watch it that way.

#4 of 5 OFFLINE   Mark_vdH

Mark_vdH

Screenwriter

• 1,035 posts

Posted April 01 2004 - 12:40 AM

I'm sure it's just a mistake that will be fixed soon, but as of today, Amazon.ca only has the pan & scan version of the Star Wars Trilogy up for pre-order.....
E-Mail | Collection

#5 of 5 OFFLINE   Jesse Skeen

Jesse Skeen

Producer

• 4,096 posts

Posted April 07 2004 - 11:16 AM

That's another title I can't believe is being issued in pan and scan- it's not like there haven't been hundreds of VHS releases to satisfy that crowd.
Home video oddities, old commercials and other junk: http://www.youtube.com/user/eyeh8nbc

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users