Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Dumb Question, TV to Receiver

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 of 3 OFFLINE   HarryPluta

HarryPluta

Auditioning

• 5 posts

Posted February 12 2004 - 10:42 AM

OK, I just unpacked my new Yamaha RX-V1400, I figured out how to hook up the VCR, and I think I understand how to hook up the DVD. What I don't get is how do I get audio from my TV into the receiver (I don't have cable or a dish, just straight broadcast TV)? I have audio outs on the TV, but where do I input them on the Yamaha? Thanks in advance, -harry

#2 of 3 OFFLINE   Roy Wallace

Roy Wallace

Stunt Coordinator

• 108 posts

Posted February 12 2004 - 11:30 AM

Hey Harry: I just looked at the operation manual on the Yamaha web site, and the diagram on page 18 shows a cable TV or satellite tuner connected to the cbl/sat inputs. I am sure that would work, but I am not familiar with Yamaha gear, so someone else may want to chime in. My Denon AVR 1604 has several analog audio inputs ( labelled tv/dds, vcr, aux, etc) to provide conection convenience. You might have to assign the input in the receiver setup menu, and also turn the tv speakers off and/or the output on. Hope this helps Roy
I have a subwoofer! I have to watch EVERY movie I own AGAIN!!

#3 of 3 OFFLINE   Wayne A. Pflughaupt

Wayne A. Pflughaupt

Producer

• 5,955 posts
  • LocationKaty, TX

Posted February 12 2004 - 01:02 PM

I have a better idea, Harry. If your VCR is a stereo model, you can just use it as a TV tuner. That’s what I do. Of course, if you want to tape a show and watch another, then Roy’s advice is good. Look for an appropriately labeled input – Video, TV/DBS. Stc. If not, any vacant input will work (except Phono). Just be sure you turn off the TV’s speakers. Regards, Wayne A. Pflughaupt

My Equipment List
“A nice mid-fi system,” according to an audiophile acquaintance.

My Tech / DIY Articles and Reviews

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users