What's new

Sirius Radio coming to DishNetwork (1 Viewer)

Chris_Morris

Screenwriter
A partnership between Radio Shack, Dish Network, and Sirius was announced. Radio Shack will sell Sirius and Dish Network only, with Sirius programming added to Dish Network. Word right now is that it will replace the Musak channels, and not be the full Sirius subscriber service.

Link to story

Chris

SteveK

Supporting Actor
I have somewhat mixed feelings about this. While I've never been impressed with the Muzak service offered by Dish, I'm not certain if Sirius is much of an improvement. I've read a lot of comments that Sirius is extremely repetitive and runs a very limited playlist. Hopefully they'll expand their playlist when they are carried on Dish, although I'm doubtful.

On the other hand, since I already subscribe to XM and I'm a DishNetwork subscriber, this deal will give me the opportunity to have Sirius at no additional cost. But in all likelihood, I'll probably listen to the Sirius channels as infrequently as I currently listen to the Muzak channels. I'll continue to us use Dish for TV and XM for music. We shall see.

Steve K.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
With Sirius' limited playlists, it doesn't
seem like a huge improvement over the music
that is playing now (which is excellent).

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thinksinc
Recent bookmarks