-

Photo

Quality of satellite radio in home audio?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
3 replies to this topic

#1 of 4 OFFLINE   Michael S

Michael S

Agent

• 26 posts

Posted February 12 2004 - 05:54 AM

Although I live in a large radio market, I hate the advertising as well as the lack of FM stations that play the genres that I like. In that light, I am curious if Delphi XM, using their home docking module kit, will provide a decent sound in a high quality home audio system. Would it be accurate to say that the quality would be somewhere in the middle between good FM and redbook CD? Thoughts--advice??

Michael S.

#2 of 4 OFFLINE   SteveK

SteveK

Supporting Actor

• 521 posts

Posted February 12 2004 - 07:00 AM

Mike - I think that's an accurate statement. I've been very satisfied with the audio performance of my Delphi SkyFi when plugged into my main stereo system consisting of a Sony receiver and Paradigm speakers. I've also listened to it using Amphony wireless headphones, and am perfectly satisfied with the audio quality. Granted, my ears may not be as good as they could be, but I've never found anything to complain about. It may not be quite as good as a CD, but it's definitely better than most FM stations...especially since there are no more commercials on any music channels. Enjoy!

Steve K.

#3 of 4 OFFLINE   Ronald Epstein

Ronald Epstein

Studio Mogul

• 39,931 posts

Posted February 12 2004 - 08:18 AM

I have my XM Delphi plugged into a boombox
and it sounds superb.

HTF Moderator Steve Simon plugged it into his
home stereo unit and was raving about the audio
quality.

Ronald J Epstein
Home Theater Forum co-owner

gallery_269895_23_10043.jpg Click Here for the latest/hottest Blu-ray Preorders gallery_269895_23_1316.jpg Click Here for our complete Blu-ray review archive

gallery_269895_23_773.jpg Click Here for our complete 3D Blu-ray review archive gallery_269895_23_992.jpgClick Here for our complete DVD review archive

gallery_269895_23_7246.jpg Click Here for Blu-Ray Preorder Release Schedule gallery_269895_23_3120.jpg Click Here for forum posting rules and regulations

#4 of 4 OFFLINE   Dave Scarpa

Dave Scarpa

Producer

• 5,276 posts

Posted February 13 2004 - 05:35 PM

Yes I just hooked mine up tonight after I brought it home from Best Buy and I think it sounds fine. Granted this is my Upstairs system which is a Sony HT in a box setup, but it sounds pretty nice with the PLII Music mode on the amp. Definately better than my Compressed Digital Cable Music channels.
My DVD Collection

The Megaplex