Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

- - - - -

Star Trek Orig Series Season Box Sets Grrr

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#21 of 27 OFFLINE   Nelson Au

Nelson Au

Executive Producer

• 11,968 posts

Posted February 12 2004 - 09:10 AM

I looked at City on the Edge of Forever very recently and paid close attention to this jitter thing mentioned. I think what you may be seeing is the camera bouncing, it was deliberate because the ship was passing through the ripples in time and it was subtle at times. I can here heavy bass whenever the camera jitters. So I think the video is fine from my point of view. It's only occuring on the bridge. I could compare it to the laserdisc sometime to confirm it. Nelson

#22 of 27 OFFLINE   Gary Seven

Gary Seven

Grand Poo Pah

• 1,535 posts
  • LocationLake Worth, Florida

Posted February 12 2004 - 10:02 AM

^^ I believe you are correct on this. I have both as well and watching the DVD was the same as the LD. The minor things in the Cage don't bother me and perhaps a couple of other minor faux pax exist as well, but the biggest gripe I have is with The Tholian Web where a badly editted scene left out dialogue that should have been there. If they fix that, I may consider getting at least that season. I have all 40 discs I bought. I paid from 10 to 15 bucks a disc, which to me was a bargain, considering the price of the LDs. The extras they may have I'm not too exceited about as what haven't I seen in the past 30 years? The extras are not memorable on the TNG sets so I'm expecting a lackluster set of extras for TOS as well (if any).

#23 of 27 OFFLINE   Gord Lacey

Gord Lacey

• 2,447 posts

Posted February 12 2004 - 01:13 PM

I'd have to say that this is false. The information that they were coming was obtained by ads that Paramount took out, and further comfirmed on the insert that comes with Voyager Season 1. Gord
Want to see your favorite show on DVD?

#24 of 27 OFFLINE   Dave Mack

Dave Mack

• 4,670 posts

Posted February 12 2004 - 02:07 PM

My "city" dvd has this defect. The image stutters vertically every few seconds or so. Has nothing to do with the scene. Very subtle but HIGHLY annoying...

#25 of 27 OFFLINE   Dave Miller

Dave Miller

Supporting Actor

• 854 posts

Posted February 13 2004 - 12:57 AM

I love Star Trek: TOS, but I've always wanted the series in seasons sets. I felt the initial releases of TOS were over priced, so I took a chance and waited. Looks like it will pay off. Peace, DM
"We all end up dead, the question is how and why."

#26 of 27 OFFLINE   Tony Whalen

Tony Whalen

• 3,150 posts

Posted February 13 2004 - 02:48 AM

Same as Dave. I could never justify the expense of the TOS DVD's. I own one of them, just for my favorite episode. (Mirror, Mirror). And this is coming from a guy who bought all the TNG and DS9 sets.

Count me in for TOS box sets. Posted Image

#27 of 27 OFFLINE   Greg_S_H

Executive Producer

• 15,212 posts
  • LocationNorth Texas

Posted February 13 2004 - 08:15 AM

There's already a thread about this. I don't bring this up because I started the other thread, but because the mods typically like these things to stay in one thread. Posted Image

http://www.hometheat....ight=star trek

At any rate, you can read what was discussed in the past about this issue.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users