Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests to win things like this Logitech Harmony Ultimate Remote and you won't get the popup ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Lets get "The Equalizer" on DVD! :)

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
6 replies to this topic

#1 of 7 Craig: Mclaren

Craig: Mclaren

Second Unit

• 374 posts

Posted February 10 2004 - 11:34 PM

One of the best TV shows ever made. Very popular in the UK and US as well as other parts of the world. I know it has a few music tracks that would need to be cleared but it looks like a show that could be released on full season DVD without too many problems. It would sell very well i'm sure.Getting Edward Woodwards involvement would be a great plus. Anybody here interested in this show? Posted Image

#2 of 7 todd s

todd s

Lead Actor

• 6,854 posts

Posted February 11 2004 - 02:05 AM

Craig,

I am with you. I have them all taped at slp on vhs. They are airing them on Hallmark channel. I was going to record them on dvd. But, they are only showing it 2-3 times a month. So it would take 2 or so years to get them all. So I will wait and hope it gets released on dvd.

I think all of the music was done by the drummer from the Police.
Bring back John Doe! Or at least resolve the cliff-hanger with a 2hr movie or as an extra on a dvd release.

#3 of 7 Craig Robertson

Craig Robertson

Supporting Actor

• 986 posts

Posted February 11 2004 - 12:42 PM

another Craig that was a big fan. i'd love to see The Eq on dvd.
Stewart Copeland of the Police did the theme music only, according to IMDB, several other artists also did music.

#4 of 7 Matt Stieg

Matt Stieg

Stunt Coordinator

• 228 posts

Posted February 12 2004 - 07:25 AM

Count me in, love that show. I only saw it back in the fall of '99 on A&E, then they cancelled it and brought in Murder, She Wrote (would like to see that one on DVD as well, they're both owned by Universal aren't they?).

#5 of 7 Colin Davidson

Colin Davidson

Second Unit

• 377 posts

Posted February 12 2004 - 08:07 AM

Add me as well. I loved this series.

#6 of 7 Joseph J.D

Joseph J.D

Screenwriter

• 2,686 posts

Posted February 12 2004 - 01:07 PM

Another great series that I want on DVD. Love the theme music too....Posted Image
Recently watched- Star Wars: A New Hope, Star Wars: Revenge Of The Sith, Star Wars: Attack Of The Clones, Star Wars: The Phantom Menace, Mad Max Beyond Thunderdome, Beauty and The Beast: Season 3, Mad Max 2, Mad Max, Wonder Woman(1974), Batman: Year One, The Adventures Of Tin Tin 3D, I,Frankenstein 3D

Currently watching- Planet Earth, The Twilight Zone: Season 1, Cheers: Season 6, True Blood: Season 2, Gatchaman: The Complete Series, Simon & Simon: Season 3

"That's no moon. It's a space station."

#7 of 7 John H Ross

John H Ross

Screenwriter

• 1,047 posts

Posted February 13 2004 - 12:11 PM

I adore this show, and have all the episodes on VHS.

Yes, Stewart Copeland wrote the theme. He also scored most of the first 2 seasons ("Prelude" and "A Community Of Civilised Men" were scored by Bob Christianson) and the first half of season 3.

When he left the show, the scores became WAY too bland. They were written by the likes of John Cacavas (who is usually very good), Cameron Allan, etc.

John