Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

MK6 (Deception)

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
2 replies to this topic

#1 of 3 OFFLINE   BertFalasco

BertFalasco

Supporting Actor

• 850 posts

Posted February 10 2004 - 06:45 AM

This taken from www.mk5.org (now known as www.mortalkombatonline.com , the most trusted MK site by Midway) regarding a big unveiling in PSM's April issue.

Quote:
PSM Magazine has announced that their April 2004 issue will feature a look at a game under development that they cannot name until the actual issue ships. From their website:

Okay, okay... if you're a loyal subscriber, you've just gotten our March 2004 issues in your mailbox. Have you gotten to the final page yet? If so, I bet you're wondering what we'll have in the April issue that's so secret, we've taken a blood oath not to speak its name before you've gotten your mitts on the issues. Well, you see, blood oaths are pretty big deals, so I can't really spill anything on the big surprise. But I can guarantee you will get the most in-depth exclusive first look at a game we've ever delivered. And not just any game — a REALLY big game. Okay, I can say its a sequel. To a REALLY good game. We've seen it, played it, come away dizzy — but no one else has. But that's all I can divulge. So, in short, there is a very real reason to get psyched for the April '04 issue of PSM, on sale or in your mailbox in late March. I promise.

We have learned from a reliable anonymous source that this game is none other than Midway's Mortal Kombat 6/Deception. The issue will be out in late March 2004; we will report further on PSM's coverage as it becomes available!

This is such amazing news.

#2 of 3 OFFLINE   BertFalasco

BertFalasco

Supporting Actor

• 850 posts

Posted February 11 2004 - 12:48 PM

Released to mk5.org via an annoynymous email from someone close to the project. IGN has updated their ps2 section with this as well, props to mk5.org for everything.

First render of MK6 :
Posted Image

It has begun.

#3 of 3 OFFLINE   Brett Hancock

Brett Hancock

Supporting Actor

• 929 posts

Posted February 11 2004 - 04:45 PM

Online.

Same engine as Deadly Alliance.

More then 1 fatality per character.

Stage Fatalities.

If any serious MK fan isn't going to buy it after these reasons I'm ashamed.