What's new

Any release news for "The Flash"? (1 Viewer)

Moe Maishlish

Supporting Actor
I'm still waiting to hear any buzz about plans for Warner Brothers to release the early 90's television version of The Falsh.

With the recent interest in all things comic book (Smallville, new Nolan Batman flick, all them Marvel movies), you'd think that Warner would get on the bandwagon really quickly and release their superhero products... I know that I'd buy it in a heartbeat. I have the pilot on Laserdisk, but it's not enough for me. :)

Does anyone know if there are any current or future plans to release The Flash? I've checked the web (and the TVShows on DVD website), and can't find anything.

Moe.

Michael Harris

Screenwriter
I too would love to see it as I've only seen the LD released pilot after the show was cancelled and never saw a regular episode as I was living outside the country during the initial run. (holy run on sentence)

todd s

Senior HTF Member
The last we heard this title was not being considered. The other big Warner hero titles were Lois & Clark and Wonder Woman. With Lois & Clark being the most likely to come out. As much as I would love to have the Flash. I will have to be content with my own dvd copies. ;)

Gord Lacey

Senior HTF Member
Nothing has been announced for the title, but Todd has been lobbying me to lobby WB for awhile now (and I've been doing it, honest!)

I think it would make a very nice 1 season release (along with Brisco County Jr.)

Gord

NeilO

Senior HTF Member
I'd love to see the series as well. There is one episode with Bill Mumy on it which mysteriously goes into this subplot of George Bush having stomach problems. :) In an actual release we might finally see just what was going on.

It was quite a good series and lots of fun.

Neil

Moe Maishlish

Supporting Actor
Todd S, check your mail...

Yeah NeilO, I remember watching that episode in the basement of my old house when I was a kid. Mid sentence, the program is interrupted by some news anchor reporting that George Bush has gas. :)

Seriously though, I'll take this series in whatever form I can get it. The DC SuperHero lineup is one of my favorites, so I jump at the opportunity to own the properties on DVD. Hell, I'm also eagerly awaiting the various Animated Series' (Batman, Superman, Batman Beyond, Justice League, Teen Titans) season sets on DVD!

I don't think Warner realizes the goldmines that it's sitting on. They should get rolling with these releases while the iron is hot.

Moe.

Gary Seven

Grand Poo Pah
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gaston
Yep... I want these too. I too have the LD of the pilot.

The damn Persian Gulf war killed this series. The show was constantly being pre-empted. I saw this show was doomed and started taping the episodes. Unfortuntaely, I lost one of the three tapes I had so I only have eight episodes of the series.

I thought the theme by Danny Elfman was pretty cool too.

Dave Scarpa

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Scarpa
Yep my First Priority after getting my Sony DVD Recorder was transferring my Flash Episodes off VHS onto DVD-R. THe Sony does a fantastic job cleaning up these shows and they look pretty darn good.

todd s

Senior HTF Member
The show was killed by the then president of CBS. He even said so in a TV Guide article. It mentions the show being moved constantly and never got a real shot of succeeding.

Moe, I never got your email.

Rob Dwyer

Stunt Coordinator
The Flash */me drools*

Brisco County Jr. */me drools*

I think if those two came out, and if Titus (that FOX show) came out, I'd have to get a denver boot for my wallet. :D

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation921
Recent bookmarks