Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

PS2 AV Multi Out box: Component option?

PlayStation

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
3 replies to this topic

#1 of 4 OFFLINE   Jacob Rohrer

Jacob Rohrer

Agent

• 31 posts

Posted February 10 2004 - 05:43 AM

Currently, I have ran into a situation where I am out of available component inputs on the back of my TV set. Before I go the switchbox route, I was wondering if there is a PS2 equivalent of the XBOX Hi Definition AV Pack.

I know Sony has an AV Multi Out box that hooks up to the back of the PS2, but the one I have stumbled across only passes AV and Svideo. Unfortunately, I need a solution that passes a Component signal.

Does such a thing exist for PS2?

#2 of 4 OFFLINE   Jason Borchers

Jason Borchers

Second Unit

• 437 posts

Posted February 10 2004 - 10:12 AM

#3 of 4 OFFLINE   Jacob Rohrer

Jacob Rohrer

Agent

• 31 posts

Posted February 10 2004 - 12:40 PM

Actually, I already own the Sony Component cables. However, that solution still does not solve my problem of not having any available component inputs on my television. I described this in my first post.

My proposed solution was to run a set of standard component cables from the back of of my television set and then plug them into whatever device suits my needs at the time. I currently do this with my Xbox via the HD Pack and my Region 2 dvd player as both solutions accept standard component inputs. This solution is much easier than climbing behind my TV and unhooking / hooking up a new input every time I want to switch devices.

For this method to work with my PS2 I would need some kind of junction box that fits into the back of the ps2 and accepts standard component inputs. There is an AV Pack for PS2 but like I mentioned it only supports AV/Svideo.

I am just going to go the switchbox route anyhow. Thanks for the suggestion though.

#4 of 4 OFFLINE   Jason Borchers

Jason Borchers

Second Unit

• 437 posts

Posted February 10 2004 - 08:18 PM