-

Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and you won't get the popup ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Gord, David, Anyone? "Seven Days" ??

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
7 replies to this topic

#1 of 8 Rick P

Rick P

Supporting Actor

• 691 posts

Posted February 10 2004 - 05:41 AM

I've had this in the Tivo for a while and had forgotten how much I liked this show, good characters,
intersting stories and Justina Vail Posted Image (see episode "Olga's Excellent Vacation" if you don't believe that's a major plus
Posted Image

3 seasons and a Paramount product I believe... anyone else think this could be a good SciFi release (for a reasonable price point).

#2 of 8 todd s

todd s

Lead Actor

• 6,872 posts

Posted February 10 2004 - 07:40 AM

Rick,

I am with you. I have been recording this show on dvd off of Spike tv. But, I still will by this if Paramount releases it.
Bring back John Doe! Or at least resolve the cliff-hanger with a 2hr movie or as an extra on a dvd release.

#3 of 8 Gordon St Pierre

Gordon St Pierre

Stunt Coordinator

• 150 posts

Posted February 10 2004 - 11:43 AM

I'd love to get this show on DVD also.....If Im not mistaken Cameron Crowe was the creater of this show ....Its a perfect candidate for DVD release IMO
Ttiberius

Ttiberius's DVDs

#4 of 8 Gord Lacey

Gord Lacey

Screenwriter

• 2,447 posts

Posted February 10 2004 - 11:45 AM

Christopher Crowe created the show....you were close Posted Image

Paramount owns it and it seems like they're focusing on a lot of their comedies these days.

Gord
Want to see your favorite show on DVD?

#5 of 8 todd s

todd s

Lead Actor

• 6,872 posts

Posted February 11 2004 - 02:11 AM

Paramount owns a lot of these shows that aired on UPN. Special Unit 2, Nowhere Man for example. I would love for Paramount to do what Fox is planning to do. Release some of their shorter run shows, like Space:Above & Beyond and Harsh Realm.
Bring back John Doe! Or at least resolve the cliff-hanger with a 2hr movie or as an extra on a dvd release.

#6 of 8 John Berggren

John Berggren

Producer

• 3,245 posts

Posted February 11 2004 - 05:00 AM

I would love to get 7 Days on DVD. I thought it was their best Star Trek companion show.
Support the fight against Multiple Sclerosis as I ride in the 2007 MS 150 in New Bern this September.

Be a Widescreen Advocate

#7 of 8 Rick P

Rick P

Supporting Actor

• 691 posts

Posted February 11 2004 - 05:44 AM

Quote:
Paramount owns it and it seems like they're focusing on a lot of their comedies these days.

Quote:
Special Unit 2, Nowhere Man for example. I would love for Paramount to do what Fox is planning to do. Release some of their shorter run shows, like Space:Above & Beyond and Harsh Realm.

Well Gord, start a fresh lobbying effort! Given the success of having short run scifi/geek oriented shows that are hitting in on box set (Firefly, Dilbert, The Critic, The Tick, et.al.) and the impending 'end' of Paramount SciFi shows (the release of TOS dosen't count IMHO), we need to convince Paramount that they are sitting on a nice little cash cow in both Seven Days and the other "Short Run Wonders" of SciFi(-ish) shows..

Seven Days, three seasons @ $49.99 (street $39.99), spaced about 2 months apart..

Special Unit 2 (2 seasons, but only 19 eps)
Nowhere Man
Harsh Realm
Space: Above and Beyond
Legend (Richard Dean Anderson and John De Lancie? how could people resist)

all in 'complete series' box sets (even 'bare bones' sets) and stagger them out about every 5 weeks @49.99 (street $39.99) and by the Fall shopping season, they would have 8 box sets that would see sci-fi lovers and geeks in general scooping them up for ho-ho-happiness....

#8 of 8 todd s

todd s

Lead Actor

• 6,872 posts

Posted February 11 2004 - 07:56 AM

Rick,

We can only wish. Paramount could do a line of dvd releases under a special banner.

Forum Nav Content I Follow