Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo

CTHE Press Release: A League Of Their Own (2-disc SE)

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
4 replies to this topic

#1 of 5 ONLINE   Ronald Epstein

Ronald Epstein

Studio Mogul

• 40,621 posts

Posted February 09 2004 - 10:00 PM

"A League of Their Own is a home run!" - Joel Siegel, ABC-TV

Tom Hanks, Madonna, Rosie O'Donnell and Geena Davis
Star in One of Director Penny Marshall's Best-Loved Films

************************************************** *******************************
A LEAGUE OF THEIR OWN: TWO DISC SPECIAL EDITION
************************************************** ********************************
Crossing Home Plate April 20

Culver City, CA (February 9, 2004) - A LEAGUE OF THEIR OWN, the beloved hit
film that taught America that "there's no crying in baseball," will be coming home on a brand-
new two-disc Special Edition DVD packed with bonus features including a director's
commentary from Penny Marshall and cast members including Lori Petty, Negan Cavanagh and
Tracy Reiner, deleted scenes, a "making of" documentary and Madonna's music video, "This
Used to Be My Playground." A LEAGUE OF THEIR OWN TWO-DISC SPECIAL EDITION
will be available April 20 from Columbia TriStar Home Entertainment.

A LEAGUE OF THEIR OWN TWO-DISC SPECIAL EDITION was a special labor of
love for director Penny Marshall, who took a hands-on role in its production. It was Ms.
Marshall who developed the bonus features, selected deleted scenes and assembled the
participating cast members - a truly personal touch that is reflected in this affectionate and
thoughtful look at one of America's favorite films.

Tom Hanks (Road to Perdition), Geena Davis (Stuart Little 1 & 2), Rosie O' Donnell
(Sleepless in Seattle) and Madonna (Die Another Day) star in this major league comedy from the
team that brought you Big. Hanks stars as Jimmy Dugan, a washed-up ballplayer whose big
league days are over.

Hired to coach in the All-American Girls Baseball League of 1943 while the male pros
are at war, Dugan finds himself drawn back into the game by the heart and heroics of his all-girl
team. Jon Lovitz (Dickie Roberts: Former Child Star) adds a scene-stealing cameo as the
sarcastic scout who recruits Dottie Hinson (Geena Davis), the baseball dolly with a Babe Ruth
swing. Teammates Madonna, Lori Petty and Rosie O'Donnell round out the roster, taking the
team to the World Series. Based on the true story of the pioneering women who blazed the trail,
on the fields and off, for generations of athletes.

DVD SPECIAL FEATURES INCLUDE:
Digitally Mastered Audio and Anamorphic Video
Widescreen and Full Screen Presentations
15 Deleted Scenes w/ Optional Director Commentaries
Director and Cast Commentary
Exclusive Documentary: "Nine Memorable Innings"
Music Video - "This Used to Be My Playground" by Madonna
Filmographies
Theatrical Trailers
Scene Selections

Rated PG
Color
Closed Captioned
Running Time: 128 Minutes
DVD Catalog # 00911
UPC Code: 0-43396-00911-0
DVD Order Date: 03/18/04
SLP: $24.96 DVD

Ronald J Epstein
Home Theater Forum co-owner

Click Here for the latest/hottest Blu-ray Preorders  Click Here for our complete Blu-ray review archive

Click Here for our complete 3D Blu-ray review archive Click Here for our complete DVD review archive

Click Here for Blu-Ray Preorder Release Schedule  Click Here for forum posting rules and regulations

#2 of 5 OFFLINE   Tom Blizzard

Tom Blizzard

Stunt Coordinator

• 105 posts

Posted February 10 2004 - 04:39 AM

Thanks Ron, Posted Image
This has been one of my favorites for many years.

I showed most of this film many years ago in my high school Geometry classes. I'd show the 2.35:1 LD version along with the 4:3 VHS version, (both at the same time).

Believe it or not, I used this as part of a lesson in ratio and proportion. Of course the kids loved it. Back then, many of the kids could not believe what they were missing with the "mainstream" VHS pan-and-scan version.
Still A LD and Vinyl FAN !!

#3 of 5 OFFLINE   Jeremy Allin

Jeremy Allin

Supporting Actor

• 897 posts

Posted February 10 2004 - 10:42 AM

Count me in as well, Ron.

#4 of 5 OFFLINE   CraigL

CraigL

Screenwriter

• 1,863 posts

Posted February 10 2004 - 04:27 PM

With all due respect...

Why do we need 3 threads on this?

http://www.hometheat....hreadid=182846

http://www.hometheat....hreadid=127958

Just curious...

#5 of 5 OFFLINE   DouglasRobert

DouglasRobert

Second Unit

• 269 posts

Posted February 11 2004 - 12:54 AM

I remember when Penny Marshall was on The Rosie O'Donnell show a few years ago and she mentioned that this was in the works. It must have taken a long time to get the extras together.