Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo

Twin Peaks: Fire Walk With Me Deleted Scenes -READ EVERYONE-

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#1 of 26 OFFLINE   John CW

John CW

Supporting Actor

• 620 posts

Posted October 08 2001 - 03:55 AM

Announcement:

If you would like to see these scenes included on the upcoming New Line DVD please contact New Line in some way NOW!!!

New Line want to hear from fans who would like to see the Deleted Scenes included on the upcoming Platinum Edition of Twin Peaks: Fire Walk With Me.

They need to know that YOU would like the hour of Lynch chosen Deleted Scenes to be included as an EXTRA on the DVD.

Read more about the scenes here if you like: http://www.geocities.com/fwwmfight

New Line are making their decision within the NEXT THREE WEEKS and they NEED to hear from fans who would like to see the scenes included in order to access their economic viability.

If you would like to see the scenes included please contact the DVD Team at: dvdteam@newline.com but please remember to be POLITE! New Line *WANT* to include the scenes on the DVD but they need know that enough people are interested beforehand! Please do NOT be rude!

Even if you've emailed them before you should do it again - NOW, before it is too late!

This is your last ever chance to let New Line know how you feel!

dvdteam@newline.com

Thanks,

~ John W

PLEASE SPREAD THIS MESSAGE AROUND ANY OTHER SUITABLE FORUMS

Alphabetti Spaghetti

Elvis returns from the dead to say: "Objectively looking at the world, you're the only people alive on the earth today. All the people who created tradition, created countries, created rules ... THEM #@&%ERS ARE DEAD. Why don't you start your own world while you got the chance?"

#2 of 26 OFFLINE   Mark Zimmer

Mark Zimmer

Producer

• 4,269 posts

Posted October 08 2001 - 04:12 AM

Done. I've emailed New Line several times about this, and encourage everyone interested to say that you'd prefer to pay a few dollars more than to have the deleted scenes omitted.

------------------
"This movie has warped my fragile little mind."

#3 of 26 OFFLINE   HenrikTull

HenrikTull

Second Unit

• 470 posts

Posted October 08 2001 - 04:51 AM

I will e-mail them, but I don't see why they can't just include them anyways. Seems like a win-win situation to me, unless they're planning on re-transfer the scenes in High-Definition and using money on that, and boy does it cost.

------------------
A Little Slice of Heaven
A Little Slice of Heaven

#4 of 26 OFFLINE   Richard Michael Clark

Richard Michael Clark

Second Unit

• 373 posts

Posted October 08 2001 - 04:55 AM

Done.
There are lots of TP fans around the world as well who are waiting for this disc!
We already have FWWM in the UK but it's a crappy release!
Here's hoping Newline's treatment of it will be worth the wait!

#5 of 26 OFFLINE   Patrick Larkin

Patrick Larkin

Screenwriter

• 1,761 posts

Posted October 08 2001 - 06:05 AM

I've emailed them.

Honestly, I'd like to just have the FILM now and take an SE later if it means not waiting another 2 years for the FILM to be on DVD.

Extras are great, but when it keeps the FILM from being released, they can be done without.

Read this as I will take a BAREBONES "Lost Highway" right now!

#6 of 26 OFFLINE   John Sullmeyer

John Sullmeyer

Second Unit

• 274 posts

Posted October 08 2001 - 08:40 AM

I've sent them another letter as well. After negotiating for over a year for those scenes, you would think it would be a done deal for them.

------------------
-John
Twin Peaks: Fire Walk With Me DVD
Fight for the Deleted Scenes Petition
http://www.geocities.com/fwwmfight

-John

Twin Peaks: Fire Walk With Me DVDFight for the Deleted Scenes Petitionhttp://www.myspace.com/fwwmfight

#7 of 26 OFFLINE   JohnS

JohnS

Producer

• 4,597 posts

Posted October 08 2001 - 08:58 AM

I JUST sent an e-mail to them!
I think they will do the right thing!

------------------

all-banner.jpg

#8 of 26 OFFLINE   Patrick Larkin

Patrick Larkin

Screenwriter

• 1,761 posts

Posted October 08 2001 - 09:27 AM

after readig that interview on dugpa.com, it seems clear that the scenes have been secure and they are waiting on lynch and co. to do sound mixing for them.

#9 of 26 OFFLINE   John Sullmeyer

John Sullmeyer

Second Unit

• 274 posts

Posted October 08 2001 - 10:18 AM

From what I've heard, New Line is supposed to make a final decision in the next 3 weeks. So I guess that now is the time to put on the pressure to New Line.

------------------
-John

-John

Twin Peaks: Fire Walk With Me DVDFight for the Deleted Scenes Petitionhttp://www.myspace.com/fwwmfight

#10 of 26 OFFLINE   Samuel Des

Samuel Des

Supporting Actor

• 801 posts

Posted October 09 2001 - 01:51 AM

Happy to do it. Sent it off this morning. Thanks for the info! Posted Image

------------------
Best, Sam

I am made out of water. You wouldn't know it, because I have it bound in. My friends are made out of water, too. All of them. The problem for us is that not only do we have to walk around without being absorbed by the ground but we also have to earn our livings.

#11 of 26 OFFLINE   Colin Davidson

Colin Davidson

Second Unit

• 385 posts

Posted October 09 2001 - 01:57 AM

Also sent one off.

Thanks for the heads-up.

------------------
Regards

Colin "Dangerous" Davidson

#12 of 26 OFFLINE   Tony Mirra

Tony Mirra

Stunt Coordinator

• 197 posts

Posted October 09 2001 - 02:27 AM

I've sent several e-mails to them about this over the last 3 years. Reading the interview at Dugpa.com, I get the sense that the scenes have been acquired, and that they are waiting for Lynch to remix them.

Hopefully, after he finishes with the website and Mulholland Drive, he'll get cracking on these.

------------------

#13 of 26 OFFLINE   Kevin Fox

Kevin Fox

Stunt Coordinator

• 79 posts

Posted October 09 2001 - 08:37 AM

I've sent off a message before, but I was perfectly happy to fire off a new one a few minutes ago.

Here's hoping New Line's response is positive!

------------------
"What is best in life?"
"To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of their women..."

Posted Image
Roykirk's DVD Collection

"I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said: 'I drank what?!'"

Roykirk's DVD Collection

#14 of 26 OFFLINE   Chris PC

Chris PC

Producer

• 3,994 posts

Posted October 09 2001 - 12:23 PM

Count me in. I emailed my request for the Deleted Scenes.
Going from projector to flatscreen for a while.... :P

#15 of 26 OFFLINE   John CW

John CW

Supporting Actor

• 620 posts

Posted October 10 2001 - 02:28 AM

Great work everyone! Posted Image

Indeed, the decision is going to be made within the next three weeks.

To Tony and others: You are not clued up on the story so far. David Lynch has CHOSEN the scenes but New Line have not BOUGHT them yet (they need to assess their economic viability). Believe me, the fate of the deleted scenes is anything but sure right now, as was confirmed by New Line's recent statement on Studio Day ("We WANT to include the scenes... ") and by Brian Kursar's (owner of Dugpa.com) own contacts: No decision has been made yet.

More people still need to contact New Line to let them know that are interested in seeing the deleted scenes!

dvdteam@newline.com

Thanks!

~ John

Alphabetti Spaghetti

Elvis returns from the dead to say: "Objectively looking at the world, you're the only people alive on the earth today. All the people who created tradition, created countries, created rules ... THEM #@&%ERS ARE DEAD. Why don't you start your own world while you got the chance?"

#16 of 26 OFFLINE   Tony Mirra

Tony Mirra

Stunt Coordinator

• 197 posts

Posted October 10 2001 - 03:03 AM

double

[Edited last by Tony Mirra on October 10, 2001 at 10:04 AM]

#17 of 26 OFFLINE   Tony Mirra

Tony Mirra

Stunt Coordinator

• 197 posts

Posted October 10 2001 - 03:03 AM

Quote:
To Tony and others: You are not clued up on the story so far. David Lynch has CHOSEN the scenes but New Line have not BOUGHT them yet (they need to assess their economic viability). Believe me, the fate of the deleted scenes is anything but sure right now, as was confirmed by New Line's recent statement on Studio Day ("We WANT to include the scenes... ") and by Brian Kursar's (owner of Dugpa.com) own contacts: No decision has been made yet.

I see. I must have misread the interview. Well, I sent off another e-mail to them.

------------------

#18 of 26 OFFLINE   John CW

John CW

Supporting Actor

• 620 posts

Posted October 11 2001 - 02:53 AM

Yeah Posted Image

There a loooong story behind these scenes and if you don't know it it might have seen like he was confirming their inclusion. Basically he was saying they still haven't been contacted to score them yet - which they need to do if they're going to be included.

~ John

------------------
Posted Image

Alphabetti Spaghetti

#19 of 26 OFFLINE   Patrick Larkin

Patrick Larkin

Screenwriter

• 1,761 posts

Posted October 11 2001 - 03:42 PM

Seemed to me that Neff said that they were all ready to start doing 5.1 work on the deleted scenes (owned by this other company) last year at the same time that the moeny problems and negotiations were going on. Lynch and Co. gave up and started work on other projects, namely Mulholland Drive (retrofitting a TV show to be a motion picture) and DavidLynch.com.

Neff goes on to say how this 3rd party gave the go ahead on the scenes at which time Lynch and Co. said "sorry, we're too busy to do it now" and thus have been shelved for the time being. Neff said they have millions into DavidLynch.com and need to see it through before committing the studio to this DVD project.

At least, thats how I read the interview.

#20 of 26 OFFLINE   John Sullmeyer

John Sullmeyer

Second Unit

• 274 posts

Posted October 11 2001 - 05:58 PM

Actually, from the interview, Neff says "I don’t know if they made a final deal, but I think they either did, or they got real close to it."

From what I have heard, New Line has been kicking this around fo the last year or so. When their profits are up, it's priority goes up, when their profits are down, the project has come close to getting put on the chopping block (a few times actually), and the DVD release downgraded to a regular release instead of a Platinum release.

Most recent rumor is that it is going to be decided once and for all in these next coming weeks. Would be a shame since Lynch went through so much to hand pick the scenes for this release. Plus the whole thing with Jack Nance passing away a few year back. I would LOVE to see the scenes with good old Pete Martell restored as a deleted scene.

------------------
-John

[Edited last by John Sullmeyer on October 12, 2001 at 01:33 AM]
-John

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users