What's new

looking for a video switcher (1 Viewer)

Keith_R

Screenwriter
Real Name
Kyle
Hey all, here's the deal, right now I have a Tv which only has composite video on it. There are 2 video ports on it and they are both taken up with gear, this wouldn't be a problem except that I have one more piece of gear than I have ports which makes it so that I'm continuously switching out my composite video plugs when I want to watch a DVD or use my Tivo.

I believe the part I'm looking for is called a composite video switcher and it would allow me to plug in more than composite video device than what is on my Tv. Is this the right thing that I'm looking for? if so are there any that are relatively small and inexpensive? thanks.

Bob McElfresh

Senior HTF Member
Radio Shack has several from a manual one to one that takes remote-control commands. Most of these offer Left/Right/Video inputs that all switch together.

Keith_R

Screenwriter
Real Name
Kyle
update: I went to Radioshack this weekend and picked one up. It is a manual one w/ no remote, with up to 4 ports as well as the ability for S-Video, if that time ever comes. Hook-up was a sintch and it all went well.

The only thing I question is if I'm seeing some slight signal degredation on my calibrated Tv set. I'm not for sure though because I haven't tried a DVD yet but if it's there it is real slight. Should I expect a little degredation? thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks