What's new

Smallville: Season 1 - Packaging (1 Viewer)

Pete Battista

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Pete
I didn't see this mentioned on the forum anywhere yet... so thought I would bring it up now. When looking at the packaging of the Smallville season 1 I just got. This is the first thing I bought with this type of case. I don't know if it is something new or just my first time seeing it. I am concerned that with multiple veiwings this case will not last long at all. Just opening it a few times with people looking at the set I can see where it is creasing at the spine... my concern is the spine won't last long. Anyone here have more experience with this type of case? Has there been any problems yet?

That being said... I can't wait to watch season 1 over again. I will watch this one after I watch the rest of Alias: season 1. I am now on episode 19 so that will be laster today! :)

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
The case is surprisingly sturdy. After a week or so, my case too had creases at the spine, but that's as far as it went. Otherwise, it's held up good.

Chad R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chad Rouch
Mine's held up to multiple pass arounds the family and friends with only that creasing at the spine. It's a wonderfully sturdy design.

Pete Battista

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Pete
Thanks for replying Adam and Chad! I appreciate it.. I think the design looks great! I was just concerned about the durability. I am glad it seems to be holding up and seems to be a sturdy design!

Only other problem I have with the case is getting the slip case on over both the front and back flap... I always seem to miss one. but that is something I will just get used to making sure it is all going into the slip case. :)

ChrisRose

Stunt Coordinator
I found the Smallville packaging pretty sturdy too. I prefer it over the unwieldy and fragile fold-outs used for Buffy, that's for sure! :)

The slim plastic cases used for Firefly are the best though. I wish that would became the standard for TV season sets.

Pete Battista

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Pete
Thanks Chris...
I am glad to hear this case has been sturdy. I was concerned about the Buffy ones too but I do have to admit they really held up in the test of time... and I have watched my Buffy sets many times since I got them.

Firefly is on my list to buy. Hopefully I will be able to get it soon.

Gord Lacey

Senior HTF Member
Chris, I think you'll see a lot more sets using the slim cases. Fox is keeping their packaging standard throughout the run of the series, but all their new sets are using the slim cases. A&E has pretty much switched to the slim cases as well, and hopefully we'll see others make the jump.

Gord

ChrisRose

Stunt Coordinator
Good to hear, Gord! :)

Pete - I'm glad your Buffy boxes have held up. I still hate that design... I don't keep my Buffy or Angel DVDs in their original packaging because I think they're more likely to get scuffed/scratched in there. And I like to be able to get at the DVDs more quickly too. I don't have the patience to keep folding and unfolding. Y'know, opened up completely, the cardboard is sooo long that it covers my entire sofa! :P

Pete Battista

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Pete
LOL... yeah Chris... It can be a pain unfolding the sets like Buffy... but I haven't replaced them yet myself. But the slim cases you talk about for Firefly do sound ideal... hopefully they will become the standard for these sets.

I just finished disc 4 of the Smallville set. and even though I know now that it is a good, sturdy design... I still find myself being extra careful when handling it.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation821
Recent bookmarks