What's new

West Wing DVDs-how is the quality? (1 Viewer)

Chris Bardon

Senior HTF Member
I was looking at the specs for West Wing Season 2, and noticed that they're putting EIGHT episodes on each of the four discs. Now maybe it's just me, but isn't that almost 6 hours of video on a disc? Doesn't that make for a very compressed (i.e. bad) picture? I'd like to get these, but not if they're going to look and sound like crap.

I couldn't find a review here-Herb posted that he had the set for review, but it's not in the archive forum. Any information on the quality of these sets would really be appreciated!

Gord Lacey

Senior HTF Member
Chris, Greg is right; Warner Bros uses DVD-18 discs (2 sides, 2 layers) for a lot of their TV product now. It keeps the price down for consumers.

Gord

Chris Bardon

Senior HTF Member
Ok-that makes a lot more sense...if it really cheaper to release DVD-18s though? I remember a few years back (when T2 Ultimate Ed was just coming out) that there were a lot of problems with the DVD-18 manufacturing, which forced Artisan into offering the 2 disc version as well. Perhaps things have gotten a little better on the manufacturing front? I have to say that I'd prefer the single sided discs, but if it keeps the price down, then it's all good.

Thanks for the review link-I wonder why it's not showing up in a search?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation636
Recent bookmarks