What's new

Weekly RoundUp 2/10 (1 Viewer)

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
"You may be immortal but I can still do damage. How'd you like to spend eternity in 5 pieces?"
--Lucy Lawless as Xena: Warrier Princess

[c]The Weekly RoundUp[/c]
[C]

__________TITLE__________ _ _Amazon _ BestBuy _ CrcCity _ Target_ _ Costco_ Sam’s Club_
Adv. Of Ma&Pa Kettle Vol.1_ $16.98 __ $14.99 __ $17.99 __ $_N/A_ __ $_N/A_ __ $_N/A_
Angel: Season 3__________ _ $38.99 __ $45.99 __ $39.99 __ $45.99 __ $36.99 __ $_N/A_
Airport: Terminal Pack___ _ $21.23 __ $20.99 __ $19.99 __ $_N/A_ __ $_N/A_ __ $_N/A_
Battlestar Gallactica CS_ _ $89.99 __ $96.99 __ $119.98__ $_N/A_ __ $_N/A_ __ $_N/A_
Best Abbott&Costello:Vol 1_ $21.23 __ $20.99 __ $19.99 __ $_N/A_ __ $_N/A_ __ $_N/A_
Cyrano De Bergerac_______ _ $13.99 __ $14.99 __ $15.99 __ $_N/A_ __ $_N/A_ __ $_N/A_
Fire Down Below__________ _ $21.22 __ $22.99 __ $24.97 __ $_N/A_ __ $_N/A_ __ $_N/A_
The Heart of Me__________ _ $22.94 __ $24.99 __ $27.00 __ $_N/A_ __ $_N/A_ __ $_N/A_
Herzog/Kinski Collection_ _ $76.48 __ $74.99 __ $99.99 __ $_N/A_ __ $_N/A_ __ $_N/A_
H.R. Pufnstuf:Comp.Series _ $27.97 __ $29.99 __ $34.99 __ $_N/A_ __ $_N/A_ __ $_N/A_
In The Cut_______________ _ $18.87 __ $16.99 __ $19.99 __ $19.99 __ $17.99 __ $_N/A_
Intolerable Cruelty______ _ $18.89 __ $16.99 __ $16.99 __ $”LP”_ __ $18.29 __ $_N/A_
Just An America Boy______ _ $13.99 __ $14.99 __ $15.99 __ $_N/A_ __ $_N/A_ __ $_N/A_
Lion King 1 1/2__________ _ $20.99 __ $17.99 __ $15.99 __ $_N/A_ __ $17.99 __ $_N/A_
Mr. Bill's Disasterpiece_ _ $25.49 __ $22.99 __ $24.99 __ $_N/A_ __ $21.99 __ $_N/A_
NASCAR: Dale Earnhardt Jr _ $13.99 __ $17.99 __ $17.99 __ $_N/A_ __ $_N/A_ __ $_N/A_
Once Upon a Time Midlands _ $22.92 __ $22.99 __ $24.97 __ $_N/A_ __ $_N/A_ __ $_N/A_
Returner_________________ _ $22.92 __ $20.99 __ $24.97 __ $_N/A_ __ $_N/A_ __ $_N/A_
Sylvia___________________ _ $18.89 __ $19.99 __ $19.99 __ $19.99 __ $_N/A_ __ $_N/A_
Tokyo Joe________________ _ $21.22 __ $22.99 __ $24.97 __ $_N/A_ __ $_N/A_ __ $_N/A_
VH-1: Warren Zevon_______ _ $13.99 __ $14.99 __ $15.99 __ $_N/A_ __ $_N/A_ __ $_N/A_
Walk On The Wild Side____ _ $21.22 __ $22.99 __ $24.97 __ $_N/A_ __ $_N/A_ __ $_N/A_
Wonderland_______________ _ $22.94 __ $19.99 __ $16.99 __ $16.99 __ $_N/A_ __ $_N/A_
Xena: Season 3___________ _ $48.99 __ $44.99 __ $69.99 __ $_N/A_ __ $_N/A_ __ $_N/A_
[/C]
In the grid are two listings that include several different titles:

“Airport: Terminal Pack” contains four films: Airport, Airport ’75, Airport ’77, & Airport ’79: The Concorde”

“Herzog/Kinski Collection” includes six films by Werner Herzog with Klaus Kinski: Aguirre, the Wrath of God; Woyzeck; Cobra Verde; Nosferatu; Fitzcarraldo; My Best Friend.

Also, much like last week with Ed Wood, problems have beset a box set of Ingmar Bergman films due for release Tuesday. “Ingmar Bergman Collection” includes five Bergman titles: Persona; Shame; Hour of the Wolf, The Passion of Anna; The Serpent’s Egg If anyone wants to know what’s up, read this thread which discusses the problem with the release. The set might be showing up in some flyers around the country. I'm also unsure of the status of the individual titles. Most places are listing them for about $19.99

Standard disclaimer: All prices are taken from the websites of each chain, or from their printed advertisements, the Sunday of the week of release (so as to catch any week-of-release sale prices). All prices are subject to change by each chain. Prices and inventory in-store may or may not match the website price. If a price is marked "$_N/A_" in the grid, it means that this title is not shown as available on that chain's website or perhaps in their ads...but it COULD still be in-stores!

$_"LP" means the advertisement says "Low Price", and $_"HP" means the advertisement says "Hot Price". Use of either of these in the Roundup grid indicates that I could not locate a definite price for the item, and the ad is all I have to go on. Retailers use these phrases in advertisements so that they do not violate MAP (Minimum Advertised Price) agreements with the studios. Doing so can cost them thousands or even millions of dollars in co-op advertising funds.

I only include the titles I feel like including (or the ones Dave tells me he's looking for ;o)). In fact, the titles are pretty much the ones I'm personally interested in, with few exceptions. I don't get paid for this, and I don't have time to devote to doing every DVD. Look, Dave has a lovely wife and a five-year-old son that he is spending time with. So, please don't complain. If there is a title not included in the Roundup that you want to see, just look it up yourself, and be nice enough to post and share the results with everyone...like Dave does!

Note that Circuit City does not guarantee their sale prices in Hawaii. Also note that I cannot include Wal-Mart prices in the standard Roundup: Wal-Mart sets prices at individual stores based on nearby competition, so there is not a way I can say here what price you'll find at YOUR local Wal-Mart location. When it comes to Wal-Mart prices mentioned at all, just remember that "Your Mileage May Vary".

--Amazon is still featuring free shipping on orders over $25. Restrictions apply.

--BE CAREFUL! Intolerable Cruelty is available in both Widescreen and Fullscreen versions...get the correct one.

--ALSO! In The Cut is available in both an “R” version and an “Unrated/Uncut” Director’s Edition. Get the one that’s best for you.

--Lion King 1 ½ is going to be a loss leader for some places this week. Watch for it to dip below advertised prices in some stores. Of course, many stores are being coy about their price for LK 1 ½. It is in the K-Mart flyer this week without a price. CompUSA has it in their flyer listed as “Hot Price”. Even Best Buy is vague. Although BestBuy.com is showing $17.99, the Best Buy Sunday flyer has LK 1 ½ next to another $17.99 title, but not distinctly marked.

--Best Buy, this week, is offering $5 off when you buy both Lion King 1 ½ AND any other title in their Disney section or Pirates of the Caribbean.

--Best Buy is also offering $10 off when you buy Angel: Season 3 with Angel: Season 1 or 2. BestBuy.com is showing a price of $39.99 for Angel: Season 3. The Best Buy Sunday flyer is showing $45.99

--Circuit City’s Sunday flyer is showing Intolerable Cruelty at a “Low Price”. I think they will end up at $16.99

--Circuit City is also offering this week its popular “All CDs are $11.99 each or less” sale. Includes single disc titles reg $14.99 or less. Excludes SACD or DVD-A. Limit 3 per title per customer.

The latest markdowns according to Videotropics.com:
-------------------------
EFFECTIVE February 10, 2004: (DVD Title/Old SRP/New SRP):

• X-Men Evolution: X-Marks the Spot $14.98 $12.98
• X-Men Evolution: Xplosive Days $14.98 $12.98
• X-Men Evolution: Xposing the Truth $14.98 $12.98

The latest markdowns according to DavisDVD:

EFFECTIVE: February 10, 2004

Big Girls Don't Cry, The Caine Mutiny, The Crime Of Padre Amaro, The Endurance, From Here To Eternity, Gilda, The Guns Of Navarone, The Howards Of Virginia, A Man For All Seasons
Columbia 19.95 (New Price)

Ed Faver

Second Unit
Mike-

Nothing for me from the new release list. Just a word of thanks for picking up right where Dave left off & continuing his great work. An invaluable service!

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Circuit City DVD sale items:

Sex and the City Season 5 $34.99

$19.99 each:
The Fighting Temptations
Freddy vs. Jason
Under the Tuscan Sun

$12.99 each:
Bridget Jones's Diary
Deliver Us From Eva
Down With Love
How to Lose a Guy in 10 Days
Just Married
Maid in Manhattan
Pretty Woman SE
The Princess Bride SE
Spider-Man
Top Gun
Tuck Everlasting
Two Weeks Notice

$9.99 each:
Legally Blonde 2
Sweet Home Alabama

$8.99 each:
An Officer and a Gentleman
The Best Man
Forrest Gump
Legally Blonde
Runaway Bride
Save the Last Dance
The Wedding Planner
Titanic
Two Can Play That Game
Waiting to Exhale
West Side Story (1-disc)
When Harry Met Sally

-----------

Best Buy DVD sale items:

Valentines Day DVDs
2 for $20:
Maid in Manhattan
Dirty Dancing
Sleepless in Seattle
Best Friends Wedding
Princess Bride
Father of the Bride
Pretty Woman
Sweet Home Alabama
Two Weeks Notice
Just Married
Legally Blonde 2
What Women Want
Sweetest Thing
Breakfest at Tiffanys
Gone with the Wind
Casablanca
Someone Like You
Big Fat Greek Wedding
Top Gun
Valley Girl
The Sure Thing
Pretty in Pink
Can't Buy Me Love
Down with Love

Adam Sandler DVDs
$9.99 each:
Mr. Deeds
Wedding Singer
Waterboy

Big Daddy $14.99

-----------

Target

2 for $20:
Just Married
Legally Blonde 2
Maid in Manhattan
My Big Fat Greek Wedding
Sweet Home Alabama

Kenneth Cummings

Supporting Actor
Just Angel for me this week, even so I might get some other dvds that are not on the list. Thanks Mike for filling in for Master Dave. :D

Steve...O

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve
Thanks for keeping up the great work Mike. I'll be getting the Abbott & Costello and Ma/Pa Kettle sets this week.

Pufnstuf is tempting but I'm going to watch a few episodes on TVLand to see if this show holds up for me. I've found that some things watched through 10 year eyes don't hold up as well when looked through the eyes of a **cough** year old. :)

Steve

streeter

Screenwriter
Real Name
Michael
Thanks a bunch, Mike. I'll finally be using my $15 worth of Reward Zone money for Airport. I might pick up Lion King 3/2 - I'll see what Target charges.

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
Costco's site shows Angel S3 for 36.99. Why was this shown as "N/A" in the round up?

ChrisBEA

Screenwriter
Let's see, probable's for the week:
Angel Season 3
Abbott and Costello
Intolerable Cruelty
Tokyo Joe
VH-1 Warren Zevon (an absolute MUST)

Casey Trowbridg

Senior HTF Member
For me this week,
WWE: The Monday Night Wars
and
WWE: The Stone Cold Truth
costing me a combined $0, store credit rules

Bah, just my luck, I don't have a circuit city anywhere near me, and its a shame because I refuse to pay full price of $49.95 for a season of only 8 episodes.

Thanks as always Mike and Patrick.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
What's with the re-release of the Herzog/Kinski set? Anyone know what's different about it?

Scott Pierson

Stunt Coordinator
Just to clarify. The CC ad says the 11.99 per CD price is limited to 3 "per title" per customer. I don't think there's a limit to how many CDs one can buy.

Marty M

Senior HTF Member
I noticed a bargain for Norah Jones' new CD that will be released on Tuesday. Target is advertising it for $9.98, of course that is only a penny less than several other retailers.

Dane Marvin

Screenwriter
Is the "Airport" set one of those "Universal Franchise Collections"? I'm not sure what to think of these. Has anyone bought any of these and can you vouch for them? Seems like a steal at $5 per movie.

That and Mr. Bill/HR Pufnstuf are the only tempting items this week. This will be a good week to get caught up.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member

'Cause I couldn't access their site earlier. All available Costco prices have been added to the grid. Anyone, anytime, feel free to contribute prices to the thread! :emoji_thumbsup:

As an aside, I gotta believe Wal-Mart will blow everyone out of the water on Lion King 1 1/2. But, maybe I'll be wrong. Kinda surprised Toys 'R' Us isn't doing something big with it.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation111
Recent bookmarks