What's new

Theater Research Speakers:need input please (1 Viewer)

SebastianS

Auditioning
Need Help with info on Theatre Research Speakers :
Have a big dilemma, I am looking into a new set of floor standing speakers, I have come across THEATER RESEARCH TR-2900, I have never heard of these as I am still new to this home theatre stuff, can anyone please tell me if this company high end, I can't really find out much about them, please help. Thanks

SebastianS

Auditioning
Thanks for the replys, anyways if anyone wants to know these speakers are trash, they are the guys who drive around in the vans and try and sell them in parking lots. Just an FYI so no one buys them, supposedely really bad.

Steve Griswold

Stunt Coordinator
IMO, anyone who buys ANYTHING out of the side of a van deserves what they get. There's really no excuse for being so naive and gullible these days, honestly.

Dah-Dee

Supporting Actor
Real Name
David
Well, those 'white van' speakers are indeed supposedly complete crap. Is the brand you mentioned the same as "TRTheaterResearch"? I ask because the company I mentioned has a glossy multi-page ad with pictures in the middle of the current issue of DVD Etc. magazine. I've heard that the white van guys copcycat name-brand speakers and come up with similar names for them, wondering if that's what happened here. Anyone?

Edit: After checking out the web site mentioned in the magazine ad, looks to me like these are the white van guys. How the heck did they land an ad in DVD Etc.?!?! Good grief.

Wolfgang

Auditioning
Well/Well..... I can never under stand why some take thigs so far......TRTHEATER RESEARCH these speakers are a grate speaker if you take them in there price range not sales pich price range bad sales pich or white van sales does not have anything to with the seakers... these sould be sold at the high end for about 700 us to a low end of about 99.00 us. I tested 2800-1610 in the studio and they scored quite high . Up there with the others in the right price range. For the low end user that was to buy I would say these are close to the top in there right price range....If your like me then and have to have the best yes I have $20,000 speakers, but if I could not spend big money I would jump all over these.... My friend now has the ones I tested and he love's them......Take care all.......

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks