What's new

Do You Believe In Dvds? (Miracle) (1 Viewer)

MatS

Screenwriter
;)

ok I know the movie just opened but I saw it tonight and was blown away beyond expectations

Now all I can do is hope for a SE version of this with a second disc containing the entire Miracle On Ice game.

I know HBO films released the "Do You Believe in Miracles? The Story of the 1980 U.S. Hockey Team" dvd but that only contained highlights and not the entire game.

Considering this is a Disney movie and they have ownership in ABC who originally broadcast the game as well as ESPN who still shows the game on their Classics channel, what are the chances?

Casey Trowbridg

Senior HTF Member
I was thinking this same thing Thursday night while I was watching the game on ESPN classic, and I think it would be perfect, all I can do is hope though, we'll find out soon enough.

Blu

Screenwriter
Would be a great idea to include the game!
However did they include any real game footage on The Rookie, or Rudy, or anyother sports themed title?

Kenny Goldin

Second Unit
I think the Rookie has some real life footage as an extra. I think the real hockey game would be the ultimate extra!

Jim-M

Second Unit
Miracle exceeded my high expectations too. There should be lots of good material available for bonus features for the DVD which I'll definitely get.

MickeS

Senior HTF Member
That would be awesome. I missed it on ESPN Classic, but would love to have it on the DVD for "Miracle".

Jay Foster

Stunt Coordinator
Hey,

Here is my support for including the entire game on the DVD collection when it comes out. I also want the HBO documentary included and the ESPN Classic documentary included.

Al.Anderson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Al
I wasn't as thrilled with the movie as most others seem to be. While the movie was entertaining, it seemed to lack any dimension. What you knew at the beginning was what you knew at the end - it thrived on the "USA, USA!" excitement. Maybe it's because I was a hocky fan and was watched the game back in '80. (At college, on a widescreen, while the beer was flowing...) So they couldn't hope to capture my excitement over the real event. My last peeve is that Al Michaels didn't do it for me as the announcer. He lacked punch (and I'm surprised as I've always liked Michaels).

JamesHromadka

Stunt Coordinator
I watched the movie on Friday and really got into it. I would love to be able to have the real game on DVD, even if it was offered seperately.

Rhett_Y

Screenwriter
Here is another vote for the full game on the disk...

Here is what I would like to see....in the SE.

Disk 1, movie only, no extras etc, all extras on disk 2
Disk 2, miracle on ice special, interviews with the real players on what they think of the movie etc. Behind the scenes footage of the making of with commentaries of course.
Disk 3, the complete russia-usa game. Added highlights from the gold medal round.

R~

Al.Anderson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Al

No, I was typing faster than I was thinking. (A HTF scan before I left for the day.) It was just a large screen. But even those were more or less rare in those days (at least in my part of the universe).

And I forgot to add, if it comes out with the original game on the DVD I'll pick it up too.

MatS

Screenwriter
thanks for the review Mike

I've always been on the fence about picking this up since it is only an hour in length (I was going to pick it up around the 20th anniversary). I decided to fork out the $15 bones tonight and buy it at Target.

Still hope to get the full game on dvd someday soon and hopefully with the Miracle dvd.

Casey Trowbridg

Senior HTF Member
I'm going to have to give serious consideration to that DVD, thanks for the link to the review.

I'm liking the ideas found in this thread, but perhaps a little too much if this DVD is announced and only contains part of what I've seen as possibilities in some ways it would be a let down to me.

MikeM

Screenwriter
Enjoy the review. :emoji_thumbsup: The HBO doc really is special. I'm a fan of all of the HBO Sports documentaries, especially the one about my hometown of Oakland in the 70's (Raiders/A's), But by far, Do You Believe in Miracles is my all-time favorite. Huge replay value in my book.

Oh yeah, be sure to watch it alone, unless you don't mind getting teary eyed or flat out blubbering in front of other people. :D

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation690
Recent bookmarks